SASS Wire Forum

How do you add the About Me to your post?

Frontier Lone Rider

How do I add the content below the message box?  The About Me Info.

I asked a Moderator this question, but have yet to get a response, so I thought I would ask you.

I was a member for several years, but at some point, before January 2021, I could no longer access my info.  I had a picture and the about me info.  A moderator re-entered my password/info and I had access once again, but my information and picture were gone.

As I am approaching 75 it takes me awhile to remember how to do some things.  I was just able to reload a picture last week.  Now I am attempting to add the About Me Infor.

Thanks,

Chas

Frontier Lone Rider

Go into your account, click on "profile", click on the pencil symbol to edit and play with it.

7 minutes ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

Where do I find this pencil symbol?

When I do it, it is just to the right of the avitar.

I keep clicking on that, but haven't had any success in going further.

FLR, are you wanting to add information under the + quote on your page? I’d like to do the same thing but can’t get to it. I can edit everything else but can’t add information at the bottom.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:29 AM,  Frontier Lone Rider said: 

Participating in a"gun buy-back program" because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids. -Clint Eastwood

How do we ad a line like this^^^^^^^^^?

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

On 6/18/2022 at 10:29 AM,  Frontier Lone Rider said: 

Participating in a"gun buy-back program" because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids. -Clint Eastwood

How do we ad a line like this^^^^^^^^^?

I believe it is called your "signature"

47 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I believe it is called your "signature"

On the profile edit page where do you find “signature”? I’m using an iPad and iPad Pro and I can’t find it, is it a Microsoft only feature?

8 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

On the profile edit page where do you find “signature”? I’m using an iPad and iPad Pro and I can’t find it, is it a Microsoft only feature?

I'm on my phone and can't find it either! I'll try to find it on our PC tomorrow and post back. I did mine almost a decade ago on the old forum.

Just now, Eyesa Horg said:

I'm on my phone and can't find it either! I'll try to find it on our PC tomorrow and post back. I did mine almost a decade ago on the old forum.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Thank you.

I just found it on my phone.

Click on "account", then "account settings", then at the top it has "settings area".... Click on the little down arrow and a menu will drop down. "Signature" is at the bottom. Don't forget to save it when you're done. Good Luck.  Wish I knew how to do the screen shots with red arrows!!

4 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Click on "account", then "account settings", then at the top it has "settings area".... Click on the little down arrow and a menu will drop down. "Signature" is at the bottom. Don't forget to save it when you're done. Good Luck.  Wish I knew how to do the screen shots with red arrows!!

Found it, thank you very much. Now I have to figure out what to put in it.

14 hours ago, Swiss Kid, SASS #54030 said:

Are you logged-in?

Yes

14 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

FLR, are you wanting to add information under the + quote on your page? I’d like to do the same thing but can’t get to it. I can edit everything else but can’t add information at the bottom.

Yes

11 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Even though I had done this 15+ years ago, I never would have found the info you just provided. 

Thank You.

I am sure others following this will also benefit from your instructions.

Thanks Matt, it's a little different on a PC than a phone, but now folks have a couple ways to get there.

EH

Archived