SASS Wire Forum

WWII Summer Ball

Utah Bob #35998

I’d love to go but can’t make it this year. Going to be hot and probably rainy anyway, 

I do hope to attend the Winter Ball

https://1940sball.org/summer-ball/

I’m trying to find a RN uniform. My beard wouldn’t make it with my other uniforms.

6 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’m trying to find a RN uniform. My beard wouldn’t make it with my other uniforms.

What  Is an RN uniform, Nurse? My mother was a RN. She graduated in 1939 and worked in NY City @ Mt Sinai (sp?). Back then they had uniforms from each School of Nursing. 

Maybe you could go as a Submariner? I believe they had a more relaxed dress code while at sea.

I’m not sure how your beard would match up with a skirt. Maybe go as a Brit/Scott and wear a kilt?  :D

CJ 

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

What  Is an RN uniform, Nurse? My mother was a RN. She graduated in 1939 and worked in NY City @ Mt Sinai (sp?). Back then they had uniforms from each School of Nursing. 

Maybe you could go as a Submariner? I believe they had a more relaxed dress code while at sea.

I’m not sure how your beard would match up with a skirt. Maybe go as a Brit/Scott and wear a kilt?  :D

CJ 

Royal Navy ?

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Royal Navy ?

That sounds reasonable. The Brits always seemed to have more understanding view of facial hair.

Thanks,

CJ

You colonials! 

Now I gotta go watch "I was a Male War Bride"

Archived