SASS Wire Forum

Morning activity

Utah Bob #35998

Notice how neatly the bag split open as I gently tossed it into the car.
What followed was a significant amount of cursing and 47 minutes of cleaning corn, peanuts, sunflower seeds, etc out of the cargo compartment of the Subaru.:angry:
So how’s your day going? :unsure:

F345C524-8BA1-4912-A9E7-E4979E08952E.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Could be worse. Wife had a gallon jug of milk split open in her car and 6 months later, it still smells like sour milk!:wacko:

Fabreeze! Spray the hell out of it. 

46 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Fabreeze! Spray the hell out of it. 

All that does is make the car smell like sour milk Fabreeze. Ask me how I know.^_^

You should have just had Earl clean it up. I am sure he and his buddies would have hauled it away. Or they might have decided it was a good storage location and brought more.

I was part of a caravan from a soon to be brides mom's house to the site of the wedding of her oldest daughter.  I had but one job, bring the food.  The front seat and passenger side floorboard of my little pickup was full of various foods, the last thing to add was a large serving sized bowl of home made BBQ Beans.  With no other place to set it, it went on the flat part of the dash.  So that was one hand steering and one hand splitting duty between shifting and keeping the bowl steady.  Was a short drive, all on side streets at slow speeds, shouldn't be an issue..... right up until the pack of dogs came running into the street and I slammed on the brakes. All the stuff piled on the seat and on the passenger side floorboard were all fine.  The bowl (did I mention it was just covered with saran wrap) was fine... but half those hot BBQ Beans slopped out of the bowl, right down into my defroster vents!  And because of the wedding and the circus involved I couldn't get to it to give it a good clean until it had baked in the hot car all day.  After all the cleaning, and probing down into those vents as much as was possible, there was still a bit of a funky smell for a long time.  Air freshener was my friend.  I gave up airing it out and started shutting it up tight and parking in the sun hoping what was left of the beans in the deep recesses of the vents would petrify and quit smelling.  They did eventually, but it wasn't great for a while.

My day was not productive, but I made it to the foot doc this morning.  The graft greatly reduced the size of the bad place on my foot, but it’s not closed yet.

We had a cowboy lunch set for 12:30 today. I got a text from one group that was running early, so I had to hustle out to the restaurant which was two towns away in order to meet the early birds.  Blew past a cop at about 85mph and he didn’t even look at me!!  I’d rather be lucky than good!!

Lots of fun and it was good to see a couple of cowboys that I’d not seen in a while!

I ordered a double order for myself so’s I’d have another helping later and a “to go” order to take back to Schoolmarm.  

Now the Buick smells like a Mexican restaurant and it’s 99* in the shade!! :rolleyes: :lol:

•pictured J. Mark Flint, Randy St. Eagle, Imis Twohofen, Blackwater, Sheriff Frank Canton.  Hidden behind Sheriff Frank are Cheyenne Thornton and Latigo Jim.

2532FA6D-9DC0-4F18-B4A9-1C56FE4D723A.thumb.jpeg.5287d7da954c8b9638e2d7d7e0d52b38.jpeg

Okay, quick trip to the grocery store for some stuff I missed day before yesterday, breakfast at Cafe 10, second annual exam by the heart doctor for my pace maker, visit to the gun shop for something that no one makes any more, stop at Ace Hardware, dropped off and picked up stuff at the library, and lunch at the local CASA Senior Center....all by 10:50 am.

Home about noon fifteen and goofing off ever since.  I'm really getting good at goofing off, almost as good as I was in high school and college.

The kids drove out to visit rural Montana with their dogs.  They forgot some Dog Treats in the car. Mice in two days, including the start of a nest. No food in the car, except in transit,  poison where the dogs can't get at it - mice can go anywhere, even through a hole as small as a can pop top!

Mine is going a lot worse than yours UB.  Came home last night and the Icemaker wouldn't operate. Fridge is an Amana French Door with ice and water in the door. Opened the door to discover ice in the door drop chute. Tried to remove the tray and it will not budge. Was to tired to mess with it so I shut the water off to the fridge and went to bed. Over slept so didn't do anything about it till this evening. Spent an hour with a blow dryer and only got a dozen dropps of water to come out arounf the tray. 

Currently emptying the fridge and freezer so I can shut the *&^#$ thing off and see if it will thaw out on its own in a few days.  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The way it is designed there is ZERO access to any part of it. Takes an aneroxic kid to have arms small enough to remove the actual icemaker as there is no way to get to the mounting screws because the %^$#@ engineer couldn't have made the outer cover removeable. I'd drill access holes but I'm afraid there are refridgerant lines imbeded in the cover.

I'm going to shop for a stand alone ice maker and quit using this piece of crap. 

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Notice how neatly the bag split open as I gently tossed it into the car.
What followed was a significant amount of cursing and 47 minutes of cleaning corn, peanuts, sunflower seeds, etc out of the cargo compartment of the Subaru.:angry:
So how’s your day going? :unsure:

Don't it just make you mad as all get-out when them stupid birds swoop in... and start stealin' the squirrel food?  It does me.

I woke up in a crappy, dark depressed mood. I guess somehow the aggravation, minor though it was, somehow snapped me out of it. Go figure.

Whatever works. 

11 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Like birds, dislike tree rats - fortunately, no deciduous trees = no tree rats! 

STRANGE!! Squirrels all over the pines and cedars in my part of the woods.  Tons of fun with the BB gun!!

13 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Like birds, dislike tree rats - fortunately, no deciduous trees = no tree rats! 

Most tree rats are useless except for protein. 
Earl, however, is different. More dog like than rodential.

Can’t say I really dislike any critters. They just do what they do. They can test your patience though. ;)

4 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Most tree rats are useless except for protein. 
Earl, however, is different. More dog like than rodential.

Can’t say I really dislike any critters. They just do what they do. They can test your patience though. ;)

In prisons, mice and rats become pets, we're wired that way.  I'm just entirely tired of rodent damage and their constant onslaught.  Country life!

@Blackwater 53393, ya gots yer own Grumpy Lunch Bunch !!   ^_^

Forty's gonna be proud of y'all~!  :)

8 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

@Blackwater 53393, ya gots yer own Grumpy Lunch Bunch !!   ^_^

Forty's gonna be proud of y'all~!  :)

Yeah! That’s the idea!  We’ve had as many as a dozen in the past.  One of our regulars was dealing with a family end of life issue and several stayed home because it’s almost hazardous to your health to get out with the temperature hovering around 100.

Wartrace is instituting a “work shirkers” or “mental health” shoot starting next Thursday and I’m thinking we may try to play one off of the other in the near future or maybe combine them at a later date.

42 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Dog vomit in the car or truck is always a pleasure.:wacko:

Had a great old Lab who would vomit without fail on longer car trips.  Issue was solved by taping down incontinence pads in the dog area.  Stop, rip it up and tape down a new one.  Odor completely gone with the windows opened for a few moments.  Works for the products of the opposite end just as well.

11 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Today I’m doing Nothing.  

I’m getting this doing nothing down better, but still got a ways to go.  

You're working at it too hard.  The secret is to relax until you fall asleep, wake up refreshed enough to take a nap, repeat.  Along about mid day and again in the evening take a break to eat something.  You can't keep up all that doing nothing on an empty stomach.

It's hell on your muscle tone, but I stopped using most of my muscles ten years ago.  Just enough to sleep, roll over, eat, and scratch....maybe a stretch and a yawn or two and snoring.  Keep one thumb toned for the TV remote.

19 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

Couldn't you just leave the door open for ten minutes and let the squirrels clean it up? 

They would leave something……rude.

Ice Storm in 1998 around Ottawa/Eastern Ontario/Western Quebec.

Power out for weeks in some places.

Buddy was transporting a LARGE cauldron of pea soup to a feeding/warming station.

A fool of a driver blew through a STOP/ARRET sign, Bob panicked stopped, the straps securing the cauldron broke and he had a tidal wave of Pea Soup through out his newish van. 

Archived