SASS Wire Forum

Has anyone had any dealings with the Old Trading Post?

Buckshot Bear

Has anyone had any dealings with the Old Trading Post?

https://www.oldtradingpost.com/

Five weeks ago I ordered some clothing for my wife to wear to matches, paid by credit card and when I log into my account there it still says order is 'Processing' but they billed my credit card 5 weeks ago.

I have sent numerous emails to them enquiring what's going on with my order but no emails have been answered?

I'm sorry I don't have good news for you on this - I had the same experience last year. I bought and paid for a bandoleer shoulder holster after first exchanging messages back and forth about chest size, drop, type of pistol, etc. Then the owner went dark for three months and I thought it was the normal window for made-to-order leather work. I sent several follow-ups when it seemed to be past what I expected. Eventually I finally got responses that he was checking with the his vendor (the leather maker) and then I heard nothing back after several more emails inquiring about the status. I managed to figure out that his vendor was H.R. Leather Company of Texas (it was listed at the bottom of the product page) and searching on that company turned up a Facebook page where the leather maker had announced he was closing his business in May of 2019. I inquired of Old Trading Post whether they were aware their vendor had closed two years earlier and was no longer in business, and when could I expect my refund and heard nothing back.

Fortunately I had paid using PayPal so I filed a vendor dispute case through them and within 17 minutes of receiving my automated case submission file email from PayPal I received a "You've received a refund" email from them stating Oldtradingpost Inc had accepted my refund request. My original PayPal payment was made with a Visa credit card in case I needed to dispute the charge, so that may have helped.

Within the week that product page was removed from the Old Trading Post website, but I just checked and they still list 10 other products from H.R. Leather Company of Texas that I expect they can't actually deliver on given what I know. They also list a Doc Holliday shoulder holster from El Paso Saddlery which is currently in business, so maybe they do deliver occasionally and are just entirely dependent on their suppliers for when things happen, but in my experience, at best, it's not a well run operation.

If the items you ordered are from Frontier Classics, you may be better off using one of their listed online retailers:

https://frontierclassics.biz/clothing/online-retailers/

The address listed comes back to a residence (2br/2ba condominium). I doubt they stock anything unless they have a warehouse nearby. I'm betting they take an order and forward to a third party supplier to fill. You'd be better off dealing directly with the third party as Cholla suggested.

Have you tried calling their number?

After 5 weeks and no email response I'd be inclined to contact my credit card and cancel the transaction.

Archived