SASS Wire Forum

Why I don't like Open Carry

This is an example of what can happen if you Open Carry.  I say carry what you want, however you want, but don't say this could never happen.

3 injured in St. Louis County grocery store shootout | ksdk.com

(I hope the video works.  It's a little frightening.)

Carrying concealed doesn't make you a target.  The fact you are armed should be a very unpleasant surprise to anyone trying to seriously ruin your day.  The victim, in this case, was lucky he had another gun in his car.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, I just hope this makes you think.

Angus

Sorry, I thought this had the store video of the shootout. 

Short story, guy walks into store with an AR type rifle on a sling on his chest.  2nd guy sees him walk in to store then waits for him to exit.  #2 steps up behind #1 and puts a pistol to #1's head taking the rifle.  #1 walks to his car, retrieves a pistol and a bunch of shooting ensues.

#1 did not appear to do anything illegal while conducting business inside the store.

#1 and his buddies flee the scene.  #2 is shot and taken to hospital.  This may be thug on thug crime, but the issue is that #1 appears to have been targeted for his firearm.

Angus

From the article:

Booker was shot several times. Two innocent bystanders, both women, had just pulled up to the market and were also shot, Martin said. Their injuries were not life-threatening.

The man who was robbed of his rifle fled the scene. Moments later, police believe a third man came and shot the alleged robber again, then left.

I wonder what that was all about?

I love how the idiots, I mean news media calls it “Gun Violence”! How about “CRIMINAL VIOLENCE”?Buttheads!

53 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

From the article:

Booker was shot several times. Two innocent bystanders, both women, had just pulled up to the market and were also shot, Martin said. Their injuries were not life-threatening.

The man who was robbed of his rifle fled the scene. Moments later, police believe a third man came and shot the alleged robber again, then left.

I wonder what that was all about?

I love how the idiots, I mean news media calls it “Gun Violence”! How about “CRIMINAL VIOLENCE”?Buttheads!

Don't be too hard on them. They are only reporters(?) 

We here in Canada have a Prime Minister who thinks banning the handguns of those who LEGALLY own them and register them, will stop criminal gun violence.

If he wasn't the leader of the our country and it didn't impact so many of us negatively you could almost feel sorry for the poor deluded fool.

Archived