SASS Wire Forum

FedEx PSA Message

Cypress Sun

Funny thing here is Fed Ex will call the day B4 to inform they need the signature and then always just leave it at the door! And we're home! 

Yelled at a FedEx driver today for speeding through my barricades while we were loading trees in the dump truck. Sumbeech flipped me off. What he doesn't realize is that he delivers to my office. Tomorrow will have at least one adventure.

FedEx is bringing me some Clean Shot and some No. 5
I knew about the signature requirement, but not "old man show me your papers."
I am nonplussed though, as I live behind the lines in the PRK, where showing my papers is a frequent occurrence.
Thanks for the heads-up.

23 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Yelled at a FedEx driver today for speeding through my barricades while we were loading trees in the dump truck. Sumbeech flipped me off. What he doesn't realize is that he delivers to my office. Tomorrow will have at least one adventure.

How'd the adventure go? I'd a loved being a fly on the wall!:D

Sounds like something happened and the legal department decided to make changes to reduce the chances of FedEx being held liable for any future occurrences.

Here they all just dump it on the front porch and run. They never even ring the bell. I expect part of that is pressure from management to complete their rounds faster, thereby getting more deliveries from each driver. Yesterday the OOPS driver dumped 500 rounds of 45ACP on the porch and if I hadn’t heard the truck engine rev up it would have sat there for a while. Fortunately this neighborhood is pretty good. Mostly the only ‘porch pirates’ we have are the kind that deliver rather than remove items. 

CJ

I must live in a favored neighborhood.  UPS is dependable; FedEx is fast.  But the USPS is perpetually late, prone to losses, and ill-mannered.  I live on a sandy beach road.  The PO claims they are "forbidden" to make mail deliveries due to a "high risk" of vehicle losses; I haven't seen any vehicles on the road disappear into the sand.  And I have seen lots of mail trucks running down the road (special deliveries?) The only way I got mail delivered was to convince a neighbor half a block up the road, where there is an intersecting paved road, to let me put my mailbox on the shoulder in front of his house.  Even then, I got attitude from the mailman about "all of these new folks" adding to his work burden.

LL

Well, not trying to justify this but, what if they dropped off your delivery and it was stolen then used for nefarious reasons?

That is exactly what happened to a neighbor of mine in Oregon. Someone stole his primers and some powder (not sure what kind). These brainiacs created a bomb and blew it up at the edge of town. Somehow the cops found the delivery box with my neighbors info on it at the scene and he was taken into custody for questioning.

He was very grateful that his automated camera system captured video of the Meth Head Scum that stole his stuff or he would have had a lot of money to spend defending himself.

So, pick your poison. It all sux!

9 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I must live in a favored neighborhood.  UPS is dependable; FedEx is fast.  But the USPS is perpetually late, prone to losses, and ill-mannered.  I live on a sandy beach road.  The PO claims they are "forbidden" to make mail deliveries due to a "high risk" of vehicle losses; I haven't seen any vehicles on the road disappear into the sand.  And I have seen lots of mail trucks running down the road (special deliveries?) The only way I got mail delivered was to convince a neighbor half a block up the road, where there is an intersecting paved road, to let me put my mailbox on the shoulder in front of his house.  Even then, I got attitude from the mailman about "all of these new folks" adding to his work burden.

LL

I was told that a note from your physcian could get USPS to make allowances on mail box location.

My managers mother lives on a very busy road with a lot of big truck traffic. There are no shoulders so getting the mail can be more than a little interesting. He asked the post office if he could move the box around the corner. They said no.  Today he learned from a neighbor that their mom got the USPS to deliver to her door vice a box at the end of the driveway because she is handicapped. All she needed was a letter from her Dr. stating her disability. Now the mailman has to walk up to the house and deliver the mail. to a box by the front door.

Just now, Sedalia Dave said:

I was told that a note from your physcian could get USPS to make allowances on mail box location.

My managers mother lives on a very busy road with a lot of big truck traffic. There are no shoulders so getting the mail can be more than a little interesting. He asked the post office if he could move the box around the corner. They said no.  Today he learned from a neighbor that their mom got the USPS to deliver to her door vice a box at the end of the driveway because she is handicapped. All she needed was a letter from her Dr. stating her disability. Now the mailman has to walk up to the house and deliver the mail. to a box by the front door.

Absolutely! At least in the relatively recent past.  The community Mom lived in had mass mail boxes at the end of each block, and her mobility was not good.  We got approval and I mounted a box beside her front door on the wall of the house.  Worked well, she could use her walker to the door and just reach around.

Archived