SASS Wire Forum

Weather!

Utah Bob #35998

This wind and dust from Arizona is really wicked. I saw a hummingbird go by at about 39mph. He didn’t look happy. Shoulda hung on to the tree a little tighter. Then a road sign smacked into the porch rail. I picked it up. It said PHOENIX 85 MILES. I wrote a 4 in front of the 8 and tossed it up in the air. Last I saw it was headed toward Telluride. Should make it there by midnight I reckon. Trying to decide if I want to go tie my lawn chair down or have a drink right now.
Yeah, a drink I believe.  :blink:

I’m grounded by the doctor right now.  They did the stem cell graft Friday before last and the doc says stay off of it and keep it dry.

It was 96 today and will be about 100 from now ‘til Saturday.

The A/C is working well and I’m good with being grounded right now!!!

17 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

This wind and dust from Arizona is really wicked. I saw a hummingbird go by at about 39mph. He didn’t look happy. Shoulda hung on to the tree a little tighter. Then a road sign smacked into the porch rail. I picked it up. It said PHOENIX 85 MILES. I wrote a 4 in front of the 8 and tossed it up in the air. Last I saw it was headed toward Telluride. Should make it there by midnight I reckon. Trying to decide if I want to go tie my lawn chair down or have a drink right now.

Q:  What did forgetful Bob say when the wind reversed direction?

A:  "It's all coming back to me now."  :P

We got hit a week or so ago. The real damage came from a type of downdraft not experienced around here.

Knocked down hydro poles and large catenary towers.

Lots of roof damage and hydro outages for 7 to 10 days in the area.

To be expected I suppose of hydro commissions who relied on their contractors inspectors to approve completed works.

9 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

We got hit a week or so ago. The real damage came from a type of downdraft not experienced around here.

Knocked down hydro poles and large catenary towers.

Lots of roof damage and hydro outages for 7 to 10 days in the area.

To be expected I suppose of hydro commissions who relied on their contractors inspectors to approve completed works.

Can you imagine if everyone was driving electric vehicles, there wouldn't be a vehicle moving during the time of the power outages.  I guess that's what we have to look forward to when gas and diesel vehicles are banned.  During a major power outage, all vehicle  transportation grinds to a halt for the duration of the outage.

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Can you imagine if everyone was driving electric vehicles, there wouldn't be a vehicle moving during the time of the power outages.  I guess that's what we have to look forward to when gas and diesel vehicles are banned.  During a major power outage, all vehicle  transportation grinds to a halt for the duration of the outage.

NO-No-No!

You have it all wrong!

Justin Castro Trudeau is preparing another order in council requiring all Canadians to plant current bushes on their property, sufficient for their own needs and apartment dwellers within a 1 mile radius.

See! He's thought of EVERYTHING!!

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

NO-No-No!

You have it all wrong!

Justin Castro Trudeau is preparing another order in council requiring all Canadians to plant current bushes on their property, sufficient for their own needs and apartment dwellers within a 1 mile radius.

See! He's thought of EVERYTHING!!

Trudeau is actually dumb enough to believe that currant bushes actually produce electrical current.

Heat index of 106 here. The average age of my crew is 59. Hard to clean up after this storm when we all want to fall over. I pulled my crews early today. Early start tomorrow. Heat index only 103 then.....

Saw 95 and a heat index of 106 a while ago, then a thunderstorm moved in- from the EAST of all places (most of our weather comes from the west or south but this one was moving due west).  And when it got here, it was raining sideways for about half an hour-45 minutes.

It went from 95 to 74 (with 91% humidity) in about 45 minutes.

Good news is that it happened late enough in the day that it won't have a chance to heat back up and get really hot and humid before dark.

2 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Heat index of 106 here. The average age of my crew is 59. Hard to clean up after this storm when we all want to fall over. I pulled my crews early today. Early start tomorrow. Heat index only 103 then.....

I've never heard of Heat Index before?

1 minute ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Heat index is the “feels like”!!

19 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

97 degrees with 80+ percent humidity. 

YIKES!!

We're at 99 degrees, 8 percent humidity, and a 10 MPH breeze.

It's quite tolerable sitting in the shade.

That looks like Australian hail:lol: It would kill you for sure, never seen hail with spikes.

Australia.....where if it doesn't drop on you, kick you, bite you, poison you, swallow you whole or kill you from the sky....

They have Vegemite....

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

It's heat plus humidity to come up with how hot it 'feels like'.  Oddly enough, a very low humidity actually makes the air feel cooler than it actually is.

Think of it as hot weather's answer to 'wind chill factor'.

Here's a desktop link to the US NOAA heat index calculator.

https://www.weather.gov/epz/wxcalc_heatindex

Meh! Index things.

Only I know how I feel!

And right now I feel fine. :D

E15E1106-97D5-4F4D-8465-D33D2215A7E5.jpeg

On 6/13/2022 at 10:49 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Sounds like you should tie the lawn down.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Sounds like you should tie the lawn down.

Lawn? :lol: :lol: 

Archived