SASS Wire Forum

I wish there were more CAS Stores!

Bisley Joe

There used to be this great store in Prescott, AZ that sold SASS/CAS stuff. They had a section for men and one for women, and there was everything from hats to boots, pants, etc. And then the other side had the gun-shop, with a couple of sofas and a really nice Old West feel to the whole place.

Went back a year or so ago and it was gone. Just felt sad.

I wish there were more stores like that, or at least some stores like that. I know online is convenient, but there's nothing like going in and trying things on. Hats, in my opinion, are vital to try on. You have to actually see it on your head to know if it matches your looks.

There's one in my "area", which I will not mention. Bad experience there with them refusing to even make an effort to help a friend who has spent thousands there with an item that didn't fit, because it just passed their accounting or something like that. That's what happens when there is little competition: arrogance.

Will be in Cody, Wyoming for a few days next month. Hopefully there's a store like that there.

Look around at a shoot. The age of shooters are going up, younger people dont want to 

shoot these type of guns. 

Younger people that are shooting. Come with there Grand Parents.

They want to shoot Ar's or semi Auto pistols. 

If a TV station started airing a Western on prime time. It would probably change.

I personally would like to see Gunsmoke, Wagon Train, High Chapparel come back on.

In the mid 60's Gunsmoke went to Color. Start airing the original's.

38 minutes ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

Look around at a shoot. The age of shooters are going up, younger people dont want to 

shoot these type of guns. 

Younger people that are shooting. Come with there Grand Parents.

They want to shoot Ar's or semi Auto pistols. 

If a TV station started airing a Western on prime time. It would probably change.

I personally would like to see Gunsmoke, Wagon Train, High Chapparel come back on.

In the mid 60's Gunsmoke went to Color. Start airing the original's.

I shoot with younger people who shoot black plastic pistols with high-cap mags and red dot sights.  They use the spray and pray shooting method and put numerous holes in the hostage targets.  However, I'm glad to see them.  They are very dedicated to the 2nd amendment.

1 hour ago, Bisley Joe said:

There used to be this great store in Prescott, AZ that sold SASS/CAS stuff.

That was a great store - I bought my 1st 73 there (2004) and I still have it.

Hells Comin 

5 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

That was a great store - I bought my 1st 73 there (2004) and I still have it.

Hells Comin 

Great to talk to someone who was there!

Forgot the name.

Any chance they relocated and don’t close down?

5 hours ago, Castalia,SASS#18915 said:

Thunderstick Trading Co. in Tucson caters to SASS/ CAS. They sells guns and reloading supplies. If they don't have it they will order it for you. They sponsor the Bordertown shoot. Been there for over 25 years. Mike and Sandy are great people.

Will have to check that out! Thanks!!!

Most of us older shooters, which is the majority, have already bought the clothes, leather, boots, hats etc. These stores can't make any money without customers. 

11 hours ago, Bisley Joe said:

Forgot the name.

I live by Prescott. The Prescott Trading Company on Whiskey Row has a few clothing items but mostly Hollywood versions.  High Country Guns on White Spar has cowboy guns, reloading supplies, and carts. SASS member Lone Spur Jake works there. Bucky O’Neils on Grove has a small selection of cowboy guns. 
There was a shop in downtown Sedona that had period clothing but they have changed hands and have moved to more modern styles. 

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

I live by Prescott. The Prescott Trading Company on Whiskey Row has a few clothing items but mostly Hollywood versions.  High Country Guns on White Spar has cowboy guns, reloading supplies, and carts. SASS member Lone Spur Jake works there. Bucky O’Neils on Grove has a small selection of cowboy guns. 
There was a shop in downtown Sedona that had period clothing but they have changed hands and have moved to more modern styles. 

Good to know! Will have to check that out too next time I’m in the area.

I’m in Show Low.

Maybe we will shoot together someday!

15 hours ago, Bisley Joe said:

Forgot the name.

2 years ago I was visiting them while I was taking care of my mother, bought an Italian Flintlock rifle from them for my birthday. As said before great people, however just do you aren’t surprised, they are a small shop. As friendly and knowledgeable as can be. Would go see them again if I get back there. 

7 hours ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

2 years ago I was visiting them while I was taking care of my mother, bought an Italian Flintlock rifle from them for my birthday. As said before great people, however just do you aren’t surprised, they are a small shop. As friendly and knowledgeable as can be. Would go see them again if I get back there. 

If you are referring to a place in Prescott, I would like to know what the name is and where it's located. I can't think of anyplace that sells firearms and western clothing in Prescott.

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

If you are referring to a place in Prescott, I would like to know what the name is and where it's located. I can't think of anyplace that sells firearms and western clothing in Prescott.

No I was referring to Thundersticks in Tucson. Sorry if I confused anyone. 

Work N Ranch in Bennet, Nebraska has a walk-in area.  If your coming to that area of the world and you give them a call, he’ll open up for you if he can.  They had a section in the Lincoln, Nebraska’s “The Fort”.  They bought the inventory when that section was closed down.  I see them at the bigger shoots.

Archived