SASS Wire Forum

10 gauge at Cabela's

Since I got my 10 gauge SxS off the classifieds, I have all that I need to reload the shells.  Today, I looked online at Cabela's in Fort Worth for a box of shells.

It said "limited stock", so I went there and they had 3 boxes.  I bought one box.  $50.  Gun prices were better there than would have thought.

Horace

I had a friend with a 1901 in 10 ga. The guy at Cabelas sold him 10 ga 3 1/2" shells, told him that is the only size they made. Is your SxS an oldie, if it is, lots of the older ones were 2 7/8". 

10 ga 2 7/8" are hard find. I kept buying 2 7/8" shells at gunshows for my friend. Then one day he said please stop, he said he has enough now. That was a few years back, haven't seen any around for a while. 

BB

Ya, I got a 10g hone defense gun(I live on a farm) and I love it...but shells are expensive.  Shop here has turkey loads for like 41.00 a box of 25rds. I got a bunch of slugs and OO Buck. I want to reload but I found out that the Lee Load All in not....it does not have a 10g capability. I'm trying to get my old mecs Jr  to working shape because they make a 10g adapter. I think the 10g reloading components can be had online at a certain shoo. I will try to fund the sight and post.

25 minutes ago, ORNERY OAF said:

Ya, I got a 10g hone defense gun(I live on a farm) and I love it...but shells are expensive.  Shop here has turkey loads for like 41.00 a box of 25rds. I got a bunch of slugs and OO Buck. I want to reload but I found out that the Lee Load All in not....it does not have a 10g capability. I'm trying to get my old mecs Jr  to working shape because they make a 10g adapter. I think the 10g reloading components can be had online at a certain shoo. I will try to fund the sight and post.

Before you spend money on the JR you should check on components.  I’ve had no luck finding plastic 10ga wads, so I hand load’em with fiber and go the old fashioned way.  Been buying pre-primed Cheddite hulls, cut them down to size and do a roll crimp on them, they’ve worked out well and I can knock out 25+ shells in under an hour. 

3 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Before you spend money on the JR you should check on components.  I’ve had no luck finding plastic 10ga wads, so I hand load’em with fiber and go the old fashioned way.  Been buying pre-primed Cheddite hulls, cut them down to size and do a roll crimp on them, they’ve worked out well and I can knock out 25+ shells in under an hour. 

Got my info from Tequila Shooter.  I have a MEC in 10 gauge and most of the components for it from Ballistic Products and Track of the Wolf.

Thanks, TS !

Horace

4 minutes ago, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

Got my info from Tequila Shooter.  I have a MEC in 10 gauge and most of the components for it from Ballistic Products and Track of the Wolf.

Thanks, TS !

Horace

How’s it working out for you?

Ballistics products!!!! Dang it, that's the one, thank you!! Seems like they had some 10g componants...re-thinking this 10g reloading, I dont use in competition and I got a decent stoc of shells already.

• 3 weeks later...

I load all brass hulls with BP. Overpowder card, fiber wad shot. Overshot card gulped in with waterglass   

56B233C6-4CDC-474B-836A-BBB0E566E3D8.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Ok l I aD all brass hulls with BP. Overpowder card, fiber wad shot. Overshot card gulped in with waterglass   

56B233C6-4CDC-474B-836A-BBB0E566E3D8.jpeg

That's a pretty substantial blast there.

3 minutes ago, Waimea said:

That's a pretty substantial blast there.

KaBOOM!

Hey Tequila!!

Ballistic Products are your Huckleberry!!  BP 1044 Wads.  Easy Peasy.  Oh, and the 1044 wads are a perfect slip fit for Magtech 12Ga Brass Hulls.

Archived