SASS Wire Forum

Hot weather first aid kit

Utah Bob #35998

UB,

I'll take that humidity. We've been having really high humidities for this time of year. Way too early for this high humidity. Right now it's 112 and 18%. The 112 is OK, but humidity should be around 5-8% this early in the season. If it's this muggy now, heaven help us in July, Aug, & Sep. 

PF

1 hour ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

UB,

I'll take that humidity. We've been having really high humidities for this time of year. Way too early for this high humidity. Right now it's 112 and 18%. The 112 is OK, but humidity should be around 5-8% this early in the season. If it's this muggy now, heaven help us in July, Aug, & Sep. 

PF

Come on over to Springfield MO and we'll talk about REAL humidity :lol: :P

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

18% is high humidity?

Surely you jest.

It is for here. Usually about 10-14%

Before I retired I was a Field Parole Agent in Southern Illinois. 95 temps with 90%+ humidity, an old grouchy guy in Kevlar. And they wondered why I was grouchy...

When my wife and I moved here to the Tucson area from Alabama in early August, 2014, folks here were complaining about the high humidity.  August is in the middle of the Arizona monsoon season, which runs from 15 June to 30 September.  I thought, "What humidity?"  To my body, there was no comparison to Alabama humidity in August. :rolleyes:

Now, during the Arizona monsoon seasons, I'm also complaining about the high humidity!  :blush:

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

18% is muggy??!?

Currently 82°, 73% humidity.

I understand you're in Arizona but still, 18% humidity is a drought.

You understand incorrectly. I yam in SW Colorado.

Growing up in south Florida however, I am no stranger to humidity. And hurricanes. And traffic.  None of which exist her thank goodness.

6 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You understand incorrectly. I yam in SW Colorado.

Growing up in south Florida however, I am no stranger to humidity. And hurricanes. And traffic.  None of which exist her thank goodness.

Actually I was replying to Phantom Falcon, where he was complaining about 18% humidity (not the 14% you had). His profile says he is in Yuma Arizona.

4 hours ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

UB,

PF

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It is for here. Usually about 10-14%

Yep, I've been to CO in the spring and summer. Spent a month in Monument during the summer when I was 15. I couldn't believe how dry it was. Swim in a lake, get out and 10 minutes later you're almost completely dry. I don't think that the humidity has EVER been that low in FL.

Got used to it I guess, because when I flew back to Tampa and got off the plane onto the tarmac, the burst of heat/humidity upon walking out of the plane was like getting punched in the face by a wet, hot fist. Hope to get back there someday but at this time, it's been 45++ years so the more time passes, the less likely that is.

With clear blue skies, and early morning,  it might as well be raining with humidity this high.

Snip-it_1655033908530.thumb.jpg.a4d0c55e93853f89315204f72dbf8eee.jpg

At 7pm Eastern, it was 95 with a 51% humidity.

That gives it a heat index of 106.

And it's time for the afternoon heat effect thunderstorms to start kicking in.  There's a 40% chance of rain after 1pm tomorrow.

Welcome to the South in June.

98 here today with a HI of 111...

and summer doesn't start to next week.

Here in Grand Junction CO today 

it is 80 degrees and 4% humidity. Feels like about 79 degrees.  :D

Supposed to be 101 Thursday and pour down about .05 inches of rain on Saturday and Sunday. :P

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Hit 96 with 80% humidity today. Yuck

Are you moving to Hell? AKA Phoenix?

Archived