SASS Wire Forum

Firing pin for Winchester model 12 shotgun

JT Wild

I have titanium firing pins and new hammer springs for the Winchester model 12 for sale. The pin is the most frequently broken part because of dry firing at the firing line. The old timers never dry fired them just because of the firing pin breaking the tip (3/16") off.

When you replace the pin and install the new hammer spring (you have to use the new spring) your shotgun will feel like you have done a action job.

I have yet to have a titanium pin break.

PM me and I will text you my phone number if you have any questions. They are $85 for the pair plus shipping, I have them in stock.

JT Wild, Dixie Desperados in St George Utah

IMG_0635.JPG

JT

Does this firing pin fit a 16 and  20 Ga. model 12 ? 

Grizz

That is a good question, I'm so sure that they do that if it doesn't work for you just mail it back and I will refund your money. I have a 28 gage and it look fits. Guys have just loved these and I stand behind them.

JT

These are for model 12 Winchesters only. We have worked out the weight of the pin and the weight of the hammer spring. That is why both come in the kit and both have to be installed. That should do the trick.

JT

JT

Before I would ever consider buying 2 , my , as you said "Good Question" really does need a definitive answer from you. Did you install it in your 28 Ga. ?  Your statement that " I have a 28 Ga. and it LOOK FITS".  I take that to mean that it only looks like it will fit without actually installing it in the 28 Ga.

I do not want to purchase 2,  go thru the dissassembly hassle only to find out that it fits only a 12 Ga model ,   reassemble and then absorb the expense of shipping them back to you for a refund. 

It would seem logical that you as the sellor can/needs to determine  if it fits all Gauges of the model 12.  I think that the sub gauge model 12's might  have a smaller frame than the 12 gauge and likely a smaller bolt. 

Grizz

Archived