SASS Wire Forum

Want to buy 40-65 Win

I finally got my Browning BPCR in 40-65 Winchester.

I need brass, dies ,bullets or molds and ammo. 

What you got hanging out in the gun room.?

Thanks

I just got into shooting 40-65 myself.  Good luck finding brass but it can be made from 45-70.  Watch ebay for bullet molds.  Also the castboolits forum and assra forum.  Both have a classifieds section.  There is also a BPCR facebook page and one of the members there swapped some bullets with me.  Good luck, it is a fun caliber.

I've been shooting a 40-65. 45-70 can be necked down and then cut back to the correct length.Star Line offers 40-65. Not always in stock.

But...... theres always a but. They say on the order page their brass is not the correct length. Short by about .015". I measured it and it's short.

I believe I inherited some 45/70 brass that had been converted. If someone would be kind enough to send me the dimensions I'll check what I have and for the cost of shipping I'd be happy to send it your way. 

Big T.

I have the following 40 cal molds.  I used these in both the Browning BPCR and the Shiloh Sharps. 

They are used but in mint condition.  No Handles.  Price plus shipping,

Saeco #640 370 gr Semi-Pointed   2-cavity Sold

RCBS 400 gr BPS #82086      $65

If you’re interested in these, PM me for pics and other info,  

As with all my stuff, if it doesn’t work out for you, send it back for a refund.

Randy

18 hours ago, tacobill said:

I will take the Saeco 640 if Big Timber does not want it.

I'm not sure which mold I want ,so go ahead and the Saeco  if you want to

FYI, when my wife had a 40-65 I found many reloaders don't want once fired 45-70 leverevolution brass due to the shorter length and I could buy it for about half price, you're going to shorten the brass anyway

Just something to look for

Archived