SASS Wire Forum

Take Action - U.S. House Passes Gun Control Legislation

Charlie T Waite

This week, the U.S. House passed two gun control bills, largely along party lines, that threaten to turn millions of law-abiding gun owners into felons, as well as subject their lawfully-acquired firearms to government confiscation without due process.  

The first bill, H.R. 7910, is a gun control package that was introduced only last week and rushed to the U.S. House floor by Nancy Pelosi.

Among its many provisions, H.R. 7910 would ban law-abiding 18-20 year old adults from acquiring semi-automatic rifles and shotguns. This unconstitutional legislation would extinguish law-abiding adults’ Second Amendment rights and contends that these individuals are responsible enough to defend their country or vote in an election, but cannot be trusted to follow the law.

H.R. 7910 would generally ban standard-capacity magazines that are overwhelmingly popular with law-abiding Americans for self-defense, as well as redirect federal tax dollars intended for law enforcement and other public safety programs to “buyback” existing lawfully-possessed magazines.

Additionally, H.R. 7910 would prohibit the longstanding American tradition of building one’s own firearm, which has been protected by American law since our founding. And in a rushed and haphazard attempt to ban allegedly “untraceable” firearms, the bill would redefine the term “frame or receiver” in a way that effectively turn tens of millions of lawfully-owned firearms into contraband.

Furthermore, H.R. 7910 includes several “safe storage” mandates that would control how individual Americans keep firearms in their own homes. These provisions are in direct contravention to the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Heller that held mandatory storage provisions that prevent a law-abiding American from having ready access to a firearm for self-defense are unconstitutional.

The second bill, H.R. 2377, is a combination of legislative proposals to create “red flag orders” that allow for the confiscation of firearms without due process of law. The legislation would directly empower federal judges to nullify Second Amendment rights on a case-by-case basis and issue orders to seize firearms from the named individuals. It would also provide funding to encourage states and localities to pass and enforce laws allowing judges to issue orders to seize firearms.

H.R. 2377 would strip Second Amendment rights of individuals by confiscating firearms without constitutional due process by allowing courts to issue ex parte (meaning the accused is not present) firearm confiscation orders. A person could be forcibly disarmed of otherwise lawfully-possessed firearms before he or she had so much as an opportunity to contest the accusations – this would represent a clear denial of constitutional due process protections.

Moreover, H.R. 2377 would generally authorize indefinite firearm deprivations, giving courts options to issue orders without a time cap, or choose to allow for indefinite order renewals. This legislation treats the Second Amendment as a second-class, disfavored right and flies in the face of due process, the presumption of innocence and fundamental fairness.

We opposed H.R. 2377 and H.R 7910 in the U.S. House and are currently fighting it in the U.S. Senate.  Please make sure your U.S. Senators hear directly from you – contact them TODAY and urge them to oppose H.R. 7910, H.R. 2377 and any other unconstitutional infringement on our Second Amendment rights.

click-here-take-action.gif?width=500&hei

If you prefer to call your U.S. Senators, they can be reached through the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121.

Did this!  Also sent my own email statements to these and my representative in the house!

Done as well. I get so irritated, every time I do an email or one of these supports, I get an email from my Demtards telling how they don't want my guns, they just want common sense gun laws. I reply " How about common sense criminal incarceration". I never get another reply to that. Our representatives couldn't care less what we think. They just want to keep lying and making millions.

I received this from one of the senators who represents me.

I’m pretty sure that it is a form letter, but it’s encouraging!

Banner_117.png

Dear Mr. Roehrich,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me.  I always appreciate hearing from Tennesseans, and I take your concerns seriously.

The Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms is one of the most important freedoms enshrined in the United States Constitution’s Bill of Rights.  America’s founders wisely recognized that the right to self-defense and a well-armed citizenry are essential to protecting hard-won individual liberties from encroachment by the government.  In the Federalist Papers, Alexander Hamilton wrote that our Second Amendment freedoms are “the most natural defense of a free country.”

As your Senator, I will always defend this basic right.  While I recognize the importance of promoting safe and responsible gun ownership, I am strongly against efforts to restrict the ability of law-abiding citizens to purchase or possess firearms.  I oppose all such attempts to limit the constitutional rights of those who follow the law.  I will not support any legislation that seeks to impose burdensome taxes on guns, creates licensing and registration requirements for gun owners, or that institutes bans on ammunition.

Thank you again for writing.  I encourage you to continue following my efforts to serve all Tennesseans.  Please accept my best wishes.

Sincerely,
                                                                    USSBH_Sig.png 

Wow, looks like you got a good guy. Unlike my Demtards in Vermont. Mine appreciate my letters  and tell me how they own firearms, but don't think I should.:angry:

51 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Wow, looks like you got a good guy. Unlike my Demtards in Vermont. Mine appreciate my letters  and tell me how they own firearms, but don't think I should.:angry:

Ha!  Mine proudly tell me that they don't own any guns, and don't think I should either; after all, I have nothing to be afraid of, and so no NEED for a gun.  Any attempt to influence them is a lost cause; their minds are closed to opposing views.  

LL

In another thread here, Subdeacon Joe said that he would use any weapon he had to combat gun control. 

Perhaps it is time to attack/pressure these unresponsive elected officials on every front. ANY misdeeds or questionable actions or activities should be exposed, amplified, and openly persued with all the shouting and finger pointing we can muster!!

These (fill in the blank)s are always willing to play dirty!! It’s time to give them repeated doses of their own medication!!

Start with Pelousy and her machinations surrounding fisheries and seafood!! It’s her husband’s business and she has repeatedly managed to get set-asides and variances where their family business is concerned!

Any windfalls received by these congress persons and senators where insider trading and knowledge of pending actions revolving around stocks or commodities give them a trading advantage should be loudly announced and subjected to intensive investigation in an open forum! They should be repeatedly and publicly denounced!!

42 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

In another thread here, Subdeacon Joe said that he would use any weapon he had to combat gun control. 

Perhaps it is time to attack/pressure these unresponsive elected officials on every front. ANY misdeeds or questionable actions or activities should be exposed, amplified, and openly persued with all the shouting and finger pointing we can muster!!

These (fill in the blank)s are always willing to play dirty!! It’s time to give them repeated doses of their own medication!!

Start with Pelousy and her machinations surrounding fisheries and seafood!! It’s her husband’s business and she has repeatedly managed to get set-asides and variances where their family business is concerned!

Any windfalls received by these congress persons and senators where insider trading and knowledge of pending actions revolving around stocks or commodities give them a trading advantage should be loudly announced and subjected to intensive investigation in an open forum! They should be repeatedly and publicly denounced!!

As you know he meant legally and I hope that is what your meaning is as well.

1 hour ago, Charlie T Waite said:

As you know he meant legally and I hope that is what your meaning is as well.

That’s the IDEA!  Use all their own tactics against them!  They try to portray us as animals and defectives. Take EVERYTHING that they do that is underhanded, less than mainstream moral, or that smacks of privilege or misconduct and shout it from the rooftops!!

If they cheat on their wives, mistreat their dog, or accept so much as a candy bar from one of these anti-gun owner organizations, squeal like a mashed cat about it!!

They CHEAT!! We know they cheat and they know that we know!!  They have relied on us taking the high road for years when it comes to their public image.  They have NEVER been squeaky clean and we’ve let them slide for too long!!

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Any word on where this is going? 

Hard to say. This will likely be a long road as legislation passed by the house has to be passed by the Senate to get it to the president. However; any differences between the house bill and the Senate bill has to be reconciled. That's where the rubber meets the road and needs to be watched closely. From our perspective as gun owners it amounts to death by a thousand cuts, as we lose ground in any case unless this legislation is killed. 

MS

Archived