SASS Wire Forum

Another accomplishment

Utah Bob #35998

After searching high and low for a half hour or more, even going out to the car in the scary darkness, I found my ridiculously expensive sunglasses! In the pocket of a shirt that slipped off the back of the couch.
i will quit while I’m ahead and hit the sack! :lol: 

did you need them tonight ? or was it just something that would have kept you wake thinkin on it all night ? im inclined to have looked in the morning when i was not really looking - thats how i find most stuff here including things i wasnt even looking to find , stuff i forgot i had even , 

16 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Utah, ever notice that when your looking for something, its always the last place you look? :o

I am pretty sure that if that line was horse it would be dead and beaten to a fine dry powder. 

If I stop looking for something, I will forget I was even looking for it. So I keep at it until exhaustion sets in. :D

I do a spin on this....

I tend to find random items and ask myself "What the hell is this thing?".   

Then 3 weeks later I realize what the thing was, how essential it was that I have it - and I'll damned if I can remember what I did with it.   Did I throw it away, or did it put it somewhere?  Where would I have put it?

Then I find it 6 months later, ask myself "What the hell is this thing", wash-rinse-repeat for about 4 years.

Found my missing Phillips screwdriver the other day in my back pocket. Only lost 15 minute doing that.:P

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

If I stop looking for something, I will forget I was even looking for it. So I keep at it until exhaustion sets in. :D

I'm still looking for something I put away safely. Haven't found the items yet, but found things I wasn't looking for that I had forgotten I had.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Of course it's always in the last place you look.  What would be the point in continuing to look after you find it?

When I was a battery warrant officer, we had been troubleshooting and finally fixed a problem in our HAWK system.

Forty, believe it or not--

A knot head warrant officer from battalion staff most seriously and somewhat angrily asked me, "Why do you always wait to the last place you look before you find the problem?"

My NCO's looked at the knot head, then at each other, then towards me.

I wanted to slap him!  I told the knot head, "Go back to battalion!"

Lost my Delta Elite for 2 years. Bought a Ruger 10mm. Then one day I opened a drawer & there it was.To this day I don't remember putting it there.

Largo

29 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Lost my Delta Elite for 2 years. Bought a Ruger 10mm. Then one day I opened a drawer & there it was.To this day I don't remember putting it there.

Largo

................... maybe you didn't ......   :mellow:

14 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Largo

Every so often, my Wife will put something of mine away in an unusual place and it can be a problem.  It has never happened with a firearm because I keep close control of them.  Could happen someday I suppose.

40 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Don't got a Wife.Problem solved

Largo

You're tougher than me! All the best!

Archived