SASS Wire Forum

Ideas for a 9mm pcc for Steel Challenge

I have been shooting my Keltec Sub2000 but have decided upgrade. Looking for suggestions with a budget of $1,500 or less. I am not looking to be a top competitor, just something to make shooting more fun.

Thanks 

Silver Rings 

If you decide to go the AR-15 route, make sure you get one that was designed, born and built as a 9mm.  The ones that are 5.56 standard AR-15 conversions to 9mm never seem to work reliably.  

Pistol caliber AR's have always seemed to me to be one of those things that one is told "get brand A, B, or C" and "they really work great" and the you do and find out they don't...because "Oh yeah, now that you have that now you have to this..." And $500 later you wish you hadn't.

I have yet to hear of a PC AR that works reliably until lots of fidgeting a f'ing around with it to get it to work occurs.

Kind of reminds me of SASS. "Oh, get a blankety-blank rifle. They're the best!" Then you do and then you hear "Now send it to Schmuckatelli's Gunworks and spend umpteen dozen dollars to get it to work..."

Misery loves company spending other people's money.

My opinion and I am sticking to it.

All joking aside, the High Point carbines run really well. Yeah they are ugly as Rosie Odonell in a bikini, but they WORK! Anf they even make a bullpup stock for them now that makes it look snazzy. If I find another one used, I will snatch it up.

11 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

All joking aside, the High Point carbines run really well. Yeah they are ugly as Rosie Odonell in a bikini, but they WORK! Anf they even make a bullpup stock for them now that makes it look snazzy. If I find another one used, I will snatch it up.

I would gladly handle a Hi-Point Carbine. Rosie O’Donnell? I wouldn’t touch her. I wouldn’t pee on her if she was on fire…

:lol:

8 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

We have 2 Rugers and a TNW, they seem to work well when a lot of more expensive PCCs will have problems. It might be operator error.

kR

Kid, I was told the Ruger was often jambing with the rigors of the game...but you are right...it could be operator.

I only paid a couple $100 more for the Diamondback WITH optics already.

Howdy Silver Rings,

I don’t get to play the PCC game often because it always seems to be on a day I am headed to or from Denver. But when I do I use the basic Ruger with a cheap red dot, in “lung blower” 9 mm. :D I have now run light lead loads at two different OAL, one pretty hot jacketed, two other jacketed (one is duplicate of CBJ’s) and three versions of factory including a jacketed hollow point.  Have yet to have a jam or misfeed. I use several different capacities/types of Glock magazines. Love it enough I am looking for one of the fancier versions. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I have yet to any issues at all with my Ruger PC Carbine. I haven’t used it in any competition though. I could see where not bracing it properly to allow the the bolt assembly to do its thing may be an issue but I haven’t seen that. 

i know my son would push others like the berretta storm but im going to stick with my keltec sub2000 , at my age im not keeping up anymore so no need to "upgrade" for my shooting , besides i dont shoot that regularly enough anyway , hope you find something you like , 

What kind of optics can you run on the Hightower bullpup? I currently have a red dot scope and 45' irons. But 27.5 oal inches seems tight.

And thanks for the heads up

6 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

What kind of optics can you run on the Hightower bullpup? I currently have a red dot scope and 45' irons. But 27.5 oal inches seems tight.

And thanks for the heads up

It has a Pic rail on top, so I guess whatever you like.

I have built several rifle ARs on Aero Lowers and they are excellent.

Archived