SASS Wire Forum

A good reason to leave the nice orangutan alone

Chantry

I was rooting for the orangutan, there is a reason for the security fence. I'll note that orangutans are 5-7 times stronger than a human.  And their bite can exert 575 ft lbs of pressure, which makes pit bulls (approximately 225 ft lbs) or a Rottweiler (approximately 325 ft lbs) look like wusses.

That guy is lucky the orangutan didn’t decide to really hurt him…whiney b****!

3 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-legend-bruno-sammartino-vs-an-orangutan-who-ya-got/

Several other links - my Aunt had a Semi Pro Wrestler boyfriend so I heard all about this as a kid.

Bruno Sammartino was my dad’s favorite wrestler. My dad actually met him on a bus in Pittsburgh. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That guy is lucky the orangutan didn’t decide to really hurt him…whiney b****!

Bruno Sammartino was my dad’s favorite wrestler. My dad actually met him on a bus in Pittsburgh. 

Saw him wrestle at Madison Square Garden a couple of times.

I've been places where you would be fined....a lot....and jailed....for a long time....for jumping that fence.  There's a lot of money invested in those critters and NO ONE should be let off the hook for disobeying the rules.

9 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I've been places where you would be fined....a lot....and jailed....for a long time....for jumping that fence.  There's a lot of money invested in those critters and NO ONE should be let off the hook for disobeying the rules.

Not to mention the poor animals through no fault of their own end up having to be put down due to the actions of these fools.

9 hours ago, Whiskey Hicks said:

Not to mention the poor animals through no fault of their own end up having to be put down due to the actions of these fools.

Saw that happen to a female grizzly bear in West Yellowstone.  The guy had left the tail gate open on his station wagon and the bear got in for food.  This gut thought it would be funny to close her in.  She destroyed the car but cut herself badly and a Ranger had to shoot her. The man was arrested hauled away threatening to "sue every SOB in the park service.  Who's going to pay for my wagon?  How are my wife and kids gonna get home?"

It was way before video cameras but it was one of those things that should be shown on TV and websites every night for ever.

A number of years ago, the Orang-utang at the Fresno Ca zoo pressed open a heavy  locked padlock (with ONE finger extended through the cage) and seriously mauled and bit a zoo visitor.   I worked there part time as a volunteer at the time.  We coaxed the big 550# girl back in her cage with bananas.  Why she attacked the woman remained a mystery.  There was no evident provocation. 

A couple weeks later the zoo vet had to give her her annual vaccinations.   He was fearful to enter her cage, and so began to set up the dart gun outside at his truck.  The big girl hurried over to the front of cage and pressed her shoulder against the bars, looked away and closed her eyes to let the vet gently vaccinate her.   He went back to his truck to get the smallest gage needle he had.  

People just don’t realize how strong these apes are! 

Archived