SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Shootists of the Year Nominations - now open

Dutch Coroner

I too nominate Whiskey Hayes from TN. I can't really add much to what's already been said, but no one works harder at being Classic then Whiskey. 

He walks the walk and talks the talk. He is the definition of "willin".

Respectfully,

Big Six Henderson

On 6/10/2022 at 6:31 PM, Lever Action Landon said:

While their are some great Cowboy's already nominated I would like to add one more to the nominations. Sixgun Seamus.  He takes the costume portion to the next level. A great guy to posse with jumping in to help where ever he is needed. Gives advice to help even if you are competing against him. I know he has helped me from time to time. He is also Pres/Match Director for Brown Township Regulators. And does his best to attend as many State and Regional matches as he can. Couldn't ask for a better Classic Cowboy. 

I would like to nominate Sixgun Seamus as well. Great cowboy and friend!

I would like to nominate Tom Payne,He is a multiple Cowboy Chronicle front page photo recipient. He has played the National anthem at multiple major matches (and locals)  He is always willing to help run a posse, or give advice to a new shooter to help them improve. He is a fun guy to be around and should be recognized as a fine example of Classic Cowboy.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:47 PM, Buckaroo Bubba said:

I would like to nominate Sixgun Seamus as well. Great cowboy and friend!

I will 3rd this nomination.  Sixgun Seamus got me hooked on Cowboy Shooting last year and has been an absolute trove of information and help.  And he hasn't kicked me out of any shoots yet for my multiple mess ups.

Whiskey Hayes, he is a great classic cowboy, when you get Jack Daniels to give every single one of your TN state championship shooters a bottle of Tennessee JD Whiskey that would be enough.  However, he is a great person and great ambassador for cowboy action shooting.  There are other good people who have also been nominated as well, but for my friend Whiskey Hayes this year should be his year.  No offense to my other classic cowboy friends either.  

20 hours ago, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

I would like to nominate Tom Payne,He is a multiple Cowboy Chronicle front page photo recipient. He has played the National anthem at multiple major matches (and locals)  He is always willing to help run a posse, or give advice to a new shooter to help them improve. He is a fun guy to be around and should be recognized as a fine example of Classic Cowboy.

I agree and 2nd that.  He's one of my oldest and closest cowboy friends and a true ambassador for the sport.

On 6/27/2022 at 2:03 AM, ethan callahan said:

Whiskey Hayes, he is a great classic cowboy, when you get Jack Daniels to give every single one of your TN state championship shooters a bottle of Tennessee JD Whiskey that would be enough.  However, he is a great person and great ambassador for cowboy action shooting.  There are other good people who have also been nominated as well, but for my friend Whiskey Hayes this year should be his year.  No offense to my other classic cowboy friends either.  

This year’s door prizes at the Tennessee State Championship.

Randy 

B3DD4B1E-7642-4C8E-BAD1-ABE47FCBE084.thumb.jpeg.7d3bba792120645d17adb3b6ba51e5b4.jpeg805117A3-0694-41CC-ADAD-29F0B7E47D3E.thumb.jpeg.fb7589361a890ce97da6d9060fbed92d.jpeg48E7A97C-1ABA-426E-8651-438CF9D9201D.thumb.jpeg.94eb93ad570b347053cba63ba3927009.jpeg

15 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

B3DD4B1E-7642-4C8E-BAD1-ABE47FCBE084.thumb.jpeg.7d3bba792120645d17adb3b6ba51e5b4.jpeg805117A3-0694-41CC-ADAD-29F0B7E47D3E.thumb.jpeg.fb7589361a890ce97da6d9060fbed92d.jpeg48E7A97C-1ABA-426E-8651-438CF9D9201D.thumb.jpeg.94eb93ad570b347053cba63ba3927009.jpeg

Wow! That's gonna be next to impossible to beat for awards and prizes! :D About all I can come up with are Carson City Morgan dollars or pre 1900 Gold Eagles. :D

Or primers. ;)

On 6/27/2022 at 2:03 AM, ethan callahan said:

I can't dissagree that the door prizes are awesome, and mine rarely makes it past midnight on Friday night, but the truth is that ain't even a drop in the barrel of what makes him worthy of this honor. Heck most of us can buy our own whiskey if we so choose. What we can't buy is the levelheaded, hardworking leadership and commitment that Whiskey Hayes brings with him to every match. Our club would wither and struggle to survive without him. And SASS & classic cowboys would be missing one of the best examples anywhere.

Archived