SASS Wire Forum

Sold ... 1873 Texas Brush Popper tuned by Lefty Wheeler

For Sale is a Cimmaron 1873 Texas Brush Popper that has been short stroked and tuned by Lefty Wheeler.  This rifle has less than 400 rounds shot through it and the action is as smooth as butter.   Those that have and shot Lefty Wheeler tuned rifles swear that it's like opening a box of whoop @ss!   Don't believe me...ask Oklahoma Dee and Deuce Stevens to name a few.   At one time I thought I really needed a 73 in my cowboy collection.... But... I am... and always will be .... a Marlin fan...  The price is firm.  

Price is 1750.00

Caliber is 357

Barrel length is 18 inches

Buyer pays Freight and insurance (I will ship with UPS only to your FFL... )   

Please email me at maconalongshot@gmail.com with any questions. I also have the work sheet from Lefty that I will email to you in a separate attachment if needed. 

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

• Macon A. Longshot changed the title to Sold Pending funds ... 1873 Texas Brush Popper tuned by Lefty Wheeler
1 hour ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

So is it a kit he installed, or a cut and weld short stroke?

I have a couple of Lefty's rifles. Mine have Cowboys & Indians components. He normally slicks the factory carrier. If a customer has a preference, such as using some Shotgun Boogie stuff, or an aluminum carrier, etc., he's very accommodating to any specific personal preferences. He hasn't done cut & weld to date, don't know if he's offering this as an option currently. If you check out Lefty's website, https://wheelergunworks.weebly.com/ , you will be impressed. Also, he's a great guy, fun to talk to, & he'll take as much time on the phone as you like to help in any way. He's also a great shooter.

Hey, Macon! I just realized who you are. You were selling a box of components at Griffin, Ga. (Doc Holliday Immortals) about a year ago, & I bought the whole box from you. Howdy!

• Macon A. Longshot changed the title to Sold ... 1873 Texas Brush Popper tuned by Lefty Wheeler
On 6/8/2022 at 7:30 AM, Max Payne said:

Hey, Macon! I just realized who you are. You were selling a box of components at Griffin, Ga. (Doc Holliday Immortals) about a year ago, & I bought the whole box from you. Howdy!

Hi Max Payne

That wasn't me...  But if your ever in NM I'd like to shake your paw!  

5 hours ago, Macon A. Longshot said:

Hi Max Payne

That wasn't me...  But if your ever in NM I'd like to shake your paw!  

Okay. I just remembered that was Macon Rounds.

On 6/7/2022 at 10:34 AM, Macon A. Longshot said:

For Sale is a Cimmaron 1873 Texas Brush Popper that has been short stroked and tuned by Lefty Wheeler.  This rifle has less than 400 rounds shot through it and the action is as smooth as butter.   Those that have and shot Lefty Wheeler tuned rifles swear that it's like opening a box of whoop @ss!   Don't believe me...ask Oklahoma Dee and Deuce Stevens to name a few.   At one time I thought I really needed a 73 in my cowboy collection.... But... I am... and always will be .... a Marlin fan...  The price is firm.  

Price is 1750.00

Caliber is 357

Barrel length is 18 inches

Buyer pays Freight and insurance (I will ship with UPS only to your FFL... )   

Please email me at maconalongshot@gmail.com with any questions. I also have the work sheet from Lefty that I will email to you in a separate attachment if needed. 

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

You did not mislead on this one!  I practiced with this for the first time today.   The absolute smoothest rifle I have ever touched! 

Archived