SASS Wire Forum

Latino Veterans Day?

Clay Mosby

Just curious what folks think of this. A Resolution in CA was recently proposed/passed/something, not sure, that would make Sep 20th Latino Veterans Day. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Oh, let’s give each race and each group their own day and how about little participation awards because, you know, freedom and living in this great country just doesn’t seem to be enough…

How is it that the people that wanted “no labels” and want everyone to get along and have equality and equity for everyone persists in Labels, Special Treatment and Singling out special groups for special recognition? 
The childlike maturity level of these people astounds me. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Oh, let’s give each race and each group their own day and how about little participation awards because, you know, freedom and living in this great country just doesn’t seem to be enough…

How is it that the people that wanted “no labels” and want everyone to get along and have equality and equity for everyone persists in Labels, Special Treatment and Singling out special groups for special recognition? 

It’s all messed up. 
CBS news was running ads up to at least 2 days prior to Memorial Day that they would be running a 1 hour special on the contributions and sacrifices of women employed in manufacturing etc for the war effort….on Memorial Day. I know I may be splitting hairs here, and I heard my great grandmother worked on B24’s, that’s was great. But what did all that have to do with a holiday meant to mourn those that died in military service?

Posturing and pandering- it is one of the many diseases plaguing media and government.

By all means! Let's give everyone a "Day".  Let's make those national holidays. That way the work week would be cut for some people to four days. The garbage collection would be delayed by one day, confusing everybody.  There would be one less day of mail delivery, thereby saving the Post Office money (maybe), completely screwing up payment of bills, etc. :wacko:

7 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

CBS news was running ads up to at least 2 days prior to Memorial Day that they would be running a 1 hour special on the contributions and sacrifices of women employed in manufacturing etc for the war effort….on Memorial Day. I know I may be splitting hairs here, and I heard my great grandmother worked on B24’s, that’s was great. But what did all that have to do with a holiday meant to mourn those that died in military service?

You may be. Somehow this one doesn't make me all that mad. If you are in the show business, you have to keep coming up for ideas for shows. So there's one idea, not a bad one. Only an hour, after all.

How bout pride parades. Just try having a straight parade. Then maybe a tranny day.:ph34r: Just learned last night the govt. is paying delinquent property taxes for the privileged non working now. I call it buying democratic votes.:angry::FlagAm:

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

100% +

12 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

How bout pride parades. Just try having a straight parade. Then maybe a tranny day.:ph34r: Just learned last night the govt. is paying delinquent property taxes for the privileged non working now. I call it buying democratic votes.:angry::FlagAm:

To late the Air Force already has done that for last couple of years  . Now the 75 th Rangers gets to play

501DC376-7595-4248-AD21-7C809AAFF938.jpeg

I want a straight, white, old guy who is a veteran of both the Army and Marines, was married to the same woman for over 50 years, has two straight kids, payed income taxes for 67 years, has never been arrested much less jailed, pays his bills, is a "native" (born in this country with family living here since a few years after the Mayflower landed) American, has several ethnic groups as relatives and friends, loves his country and most of its people, and is a loyal and proud American Day.

I want this to be a paid holiday and I want it retroactive to 1943 with back pay and interest paid on all of it.....and I want the rest of this world to recognize all of this and to thank me for doing my part.....and to apologize for characterizing me as something "bad" for being and doing what and who I am.

8 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I want a straight, white, old guy who is a veteran of both the Army and Marines, was married to the same woman for over 50 years, has two straight kids, payed income taxes for 67 years, has never been arrested much less jailed, pays his bills, is a "native" (born in this country with family living here since a few years after the Mayflower landed) America, has several ethnic groups as relatives and friends, loves his country and most of its people, and is a loyal and proud American Day.

I want this to be a paid holiday and I want it retroactive to 1943 with back pay and interest paid on all of it.....and I want the rest of this world to recognize all of this and to thank me for doing my part.....and to apologize for characterizing me as something "bad" for being and doing what and who I am.

Almost not so many years in taxes ( combat time zero taxes ) never will get the 50 years as wife passed away from cancer BUT 4 KIDS , 

There are no  longer Full, 24 hr celebration days available. With all the divisions between races, religions, geographic, traditions, cultural, sexual orientations, ethnicities, and heritages; there are now only 6 hour windows available. Claim yours soon, cause they are going fast. I think you can register with Pat Riot, maybe?

19 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I want SASS to approve of the Baptist Category!

I want a Frontier Baptist Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter category. 

40 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

LOL, keep trying. How long its been now? I think its the "thumping" that's keeping it from becoming.

Still have the green guncart?

I've been thumping for a SASS approved Baptist Category here in the SASS Saloon for at least 15 years now.  Like John the Baptist, I'm a voice crying in the wilderness. :P

I don't have the green gun cart anymore.  Gave it to a lady that needed one.  She said she was going to repaint it pink.

Didn't know there were different classes of Veterans of this country

Last I knew a Vet was and is still a VET regardless of any of this PC bullcrap , we all bleed red blood and many have shed it for OUR country who know doesnt care about us and our future.

Considering the source, I'm surprised at the (non-PC!) use of the word ending in "0" instead of the PC/woke/non-gender specific word ending in "X".  :rolleyes:

Don’t care.

Archived