SASS Wire Forum

SPF - Non SASS - Winchester 1895 - .30 Krag/US Army

Blind Eye

This item is also listed on Gunbroker, so if I get a bid there, I'll have to withdraw quickly. 

Very nicely patina Winchester 1895 - .30 Krag/US Army - 22" barrel with Saddle Ring rifle for sale. Winchester serial number indicates manufactured in 1916. No cracks in original wood stock or foreend. Nice piece of history built on possibly the strongest receiver in a rifle. Thanks for looking.
Buyer is responsible to ensure this item is legal to possess in their state.

I also have 620 rounds of ammo if the purchaser is interested in buying.

Asking $1500 plus shipping to lower 48.

IMG_1110.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

IMG_1114.jpeg

IMG_1115.jpeg

IMG_1116.jpeg

IMG_1117.jpeg

IMG_1119.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

3 hours ago, J. Frank Norfleet said:

What does the bore look like? Is it accurate?

JFN

The bore is in good shape. I haven't fired the rifle. The gentlemen I received this from stated it fired accurately for 100 yr old rifle. 

Let me know if you want to sell some of the ammo as I also have an 1895 Winchester and would like to get some ammo I could shoot but also have as I bought it more as a collection piece. Look forward to hearing back. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As I asked before I am interested in some of the ammunition. I see you are holding in reserve for the potential purchaser of the rifle. I wouldn’t mind taking 100-200 rounds from you and that would still leave 400-500 rounds for the buyer, depending on your price per round. You might want to sell the ammo separately as the ammo is becoming increasingly scarce. Nothing against your rifle, it is the one I really wanted but I got one prior to you offering yours for 1,064.00 and can’t afford another 1,500 and try to sell mine.
Again, a chance to make some cash before Christmas. 

5 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

As I asked before I am interested in some of the ammunition. I see you are holding in reserve for the potential purchaser of the rifle. I wouldn’t mind taking 100-200 rounds from you and that would still leave 400-500 rounds for the buyer, depending on your price per round. You might want to sell the ammo separately as the ammo is becoming increasingly scarce. Nothing against your rifle, it is the one I really wanted but I got one prior to you offering yours for 1,064.00 and can’t afford another 1,500 and try to sell mine.
Again, a chance to make some cash before Christmas. 

Nimble tried to send you a PM but stated you aren't receiving messages:

Thanks Nimble. I was thinking about $1.50 per round from what I can see online for when I can find the ammo, seems to be close to $2 per round. How does that sound? If OK, how many rounds are you looking for?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Blind Eye said:

Thanks Nimble. I was thinking about $1.50 per round from what I can see online for when I can find the ammo, seems to be close to $2 per round. How does that sound? If OK, how many rounds are you looking for?

Are they in 20 round boxes?  That would work out to $30 rounds per box and I could take 5 at that price and pay you shipping. Let me know if that works. 

Thanks

8 hours ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:
9 hours ago, Blind Eye said:

Are they in 20 round boxes?  That would work out to $30 rounds per box and I could take 5 at that price and pay you shipping. Let me know if that works. 

Thanks

Most are in boxes of 30, 180 gr. I do have 4 boxes (20 count) of Silvertip and a couple of boxes (20 count) of Remington.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Blind Eye said:

Most are in boxes of 30, 180 gr. I do have 4 boxes (20 count) of Silvertip and a couple of boxes (20 count) of Remington.

Thanks.

Nimble are you still interested? I have someone wanting the rifle and ammo. Please let me know asap. Thanks

1 hour ago, Blind Eye said:

Nimble are you still interested? I have someone wanting the rifle and ammo. Please let me know asap. Thanks

No if you got someone that wants both I won’t stand in his way. Go for it. If he doesn’t want it all, like I said I can take 5 boxes of 20 round for $1.50/rnd. 
I cleared some mail out of my in box. Didn’t tell me it was full, appreciate the heads up. Let me know if the deal doesn’t go thru or if he doesn’t want all the ammo. 

Just now, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

No if you got someone that wants both I won’t stand in his way. Go for it. If he doesn’t want it all, like I said I can take 5 boxes of 20 round for $1.50/rnd. 
I cleared some mail out of my in box. Didn’t tell me it was full, appreciate the heads up. Let me know if the deal doesn’t go thru or if he doesn’t want all the ammo. 

Well I told him that the deal would be minus 100 rounds, if you still want them. If not, I'm sure he will take the 100 also, just let me know. Thanks

4 minutes ago, Blind Eye said:

Well I told him that the deal would be minus 100 rounds, if you still want them. If not, I'm sure he will take the 100 also, just let me know. Thanks

Ok? I will take the 100 rounds, let me know how you want payment, I can do Zelle if you 

will send my address in PM

Can send you payment for the rounds and then another for shipping. 
Glad you got the rifle sold. 

• Blind Eye changed the title to SPF - Non SASS - Winchester 1895 - .30 Krag/US Army

Archived