SASS Wire Forum

1987 Chevrolet Allegro Motor Home (30 New Pictures added)

I have a 1987 Allegro Motor home for sale. It is currently in Olney, IL at a friends house and I am in Fairfield Il.

It is a 26 ft motor home  and runs on gasoline.

It is in good shape for it's age and the title shows it to be a Model P-30. 

I believe it has about 75,000 miles on it but i can verify that for you.

I have all the manuals for it and if you have any questions, just send me a pm or post them here and I am will answer them.

I am asking $6500 for it and will consider trades. ( Colts, Marlins, 1873 Rifles, Rugers or tell me what you have.)

Thanks

20220430_194537[1].jpg

20220430_121854[1].jpg

Does it come with a white squirrel?

Well, there use to be a lot of them there, but I have not seen one in a long time.

I will check the compartments and see if one has taken up residence in the RV and if so, I will include him in the deal.

I just spent 2 days cleaning the Rv. I started the Onan Generator and charged the 2 batteries for the DC backup, ran the air conditioner (Nice and Cold) put on new wiper blades, ran the refrigerator/freezer (works well), and got some pictures of the inside. I guess I should have taken the pictures after I cleaned it up instead of before I cleaned it. I would say it will sleep 6 people, 2 on the sofa bed, one at the benches for the the table, 2 on the beds in the back and one in the overhead bed in the back. I found the table top in a closet, but the legs are missing.

Thanks

RV 25.JPG

RV 26.JPG

RV 27.JPG

RV 28.JPG

RV 30.JPG

RV 31.JPG

RV1.JPG

RV2.JPG

RV3.JPG

RV4.JPG

RV5.JPG

RV6.JPG

RV7.JPG

RV8.JPG

RV9.JPG

RV24.JPG

R V11.JPG

RV 10.JPG

RV 12.JPG

RV 13.JPG

RV 14.JPG

RV 15.JPG

RV 16.JPG

RV 17.JPG

RV 18.JPG

RV 19.JPG

RV 20.JPG

RV 21.JPG

RV 22.JPG

RV 23.JPG

I found the engine code on the vin number. It is a W. According to the manuals I have , It is a 7.4 Carbureted Engine. That  means it is a Chevy 454 engine. I am lucky, I have a ton of manuals I found in the glove box on most of the unit. It also has some several receipts including one showing it used 10W30 oil.

I looked at the tires, I believe they a LT235/85/16 and they look ok. The spare is weather cracked and not much good and I have not found any receipt for them. I can check and see if i can find a date code on the tires. When I bought this they were all up and holding air and I did not see any weather cracks.

One story i was told at the auction was the lady's daughter had been living it for a year or two parked next to her house. Last fall, she moved and it was parked in a shed until the auction.

I charged the battery in it, gave it a shot of either, and it started right up. One thing, I don't think the gas gauge works as I found a stick with notches on it and checked the tank, and the gauge shows full but the stick showed a 1/4 tank.

I got this at an estate Auction back in April and the plan was to use it for shoots this year, however I had back surgery in Oct 21 and shoulder surgery in Jan 22 and I still have not healed up enough to shoot a rifle with my shoulder and my back gives me fits when it wants to. I am probability going to miss most of this years shooting season if I don't get better and have only shot 3 matches, 2 with 4 revolvers for Joey Wales and on with 4 revolvers and a shotgun.

Ask anything and I will do my best to answer the questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived