SASS Wire Forum

Looking to buy a wood takedown gun cart, Not interested in a metal cart. 2 or 4 gun, needs to breakdown small enough to fit into a Jeep Cherokee with all the other stuff we need to play this crazy game. Whatcha got?

mods. Please move this to the classifieds. Thanks!

Jeep Cherokee?

Tell me more! :D

Oh wait, this is a guncart thread.

3 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Jeep Cherokee?

Tell me more! :D

Oh wait, this is a guncart thread.

Yeah, gonna have to start driving something with waaaayyyy better gas mileage and park the Ram and no way my cart will fit in the Cherokee! When I’m not pulling the travel trailer of course!

I built my own. Years ago I bought a VW Rabbit solely to travel to distant matches and designed my cart to break down and fit in the back. It's a full size 4 gun cart that breaks down into roughly a 20"x22"x16" cube with plenty of storage space. I don't have any "build plans" as I just knew what I wanted and went from the idea in my head,  but I can get detailed pics if you're interested. 

JEL

20220602_225303.jpg

20220602_225529.jpg

Definitely build your own!  This one is built on an old 2-baby jogging stroller frame that collapses down to pretty small.  The box just sits in place in its spot on the horizontal upper deck of the oak shelf, and the long guns sit in the usual oval holes of a gun rack's lower end fashioned on the back end of the sloped lower deck.  The entire shelf sits pretty on the frame without fastening hardware, with down-and-rearward facing coat hooks engaging the front and rear lateral tubes of the frame and gravity doing all the hard work.  The whole thing comes apart and folds up in seconds, no tools needed, and is certainly compact enough for your needs.  You can find these old strollers all over the place for cheep cheep -- I paid $20 for the stripped frame to some young dad of twins now too old for a stroller.  (I made dad dispose of all of the canvas and extraneous parts, but I kept all of the good stainless machine screws that fastened all of that stuff to the threaded inserts all over the frame.)  Some wood, wood screws and glue and varnish, the "ye olde style" trunk/box (about $60 on Amazon), and a 2-pack of Kolpin 21551 Black Double Rhino Grips (another $60), and you're ready to roll.  Stenciled paint job extra.

20210116_074142.jpg

8 hours ago, John E. Law said:

I built my own. Years ago I bought a VW Rabbit solely to travel to distant matches and designed my cart to break down and fit in the back. It's a full size 4 gun cart that breaks down into roughly a 20"x22"x16" cube with plenty of storage space. I don't have any "build plans" as I just knew what I wanted and went from the idea in my head,  but I can get detailed pics if you're interested. 

JEL

20220602_225303.jpg

20220602_225529.jpg

Thanks for the pics JL, that is a well designed, thought out cart! Love the storage and the way it folds down into a small cube but I’m really looking to buy and not build, sure is what I’m looking for though!

This is one Prototype for folding carts that Tequila Rita and I will be building. This one actually fits in the cross-section under my RV when folded down. Next one will be smaller and hold less guns. Handle will bi fold to be more of a cube when stored. Building yourself or have someone build to your specs is a good way to go. Our gun carts website will go live in July and we will have the videos of the builds available as well. 

6EE761BA-8EAE-4467-9046-AE9F464202C6.jpeg

E23B74DC-512A-47C1-B015-99C813001A4F.jpeg

4 hours ago, Nostrum Damus SASS #110702 said:

Definitely build your own!  This one is built on an old 2-baby jogging stroller frame that collapses down to pretty small.  The box just sits in place in its spot on the horizontal upper deck of the oak shelf, and the long guns sit in the usual oval holes of a gun rack's lower end fashioned on the back end of the sloped lower deck.  The entire shelf sits pretty on the frame without fastening hardware, with down-and-rearward facing coat hooks engaging the front and rear lateral tubes of the frame and gravity doing all the hard work.  The whole thing comes apart and folds up in seconds, no tools needed, and is certainly compact enough for your needs.  You can find these old strollers all over the place for cheep cheep -- I paid $20 for the stripped frame to some young dad of twins now too old for a stroller.  (I made dad dispose of all of the canvas and extraneous parts, but I kept all of the good stainless machine screws that fastened all of that stuff to the threaded inserts all over the frame.)  Some wood, wood screws and glue and varnish, the "ye olde style" trunk/box (about $60 on Amazon), and a 2-pack of Kolpin 21551 Black Double Rhino Grips (another $60), and you're ready to roll.  Stenciled paint job extra.

20210116_074142.jpg

2 minutes ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Thanks for the pics JL, that is a well designed, thought out cart! Love the storage and the way it folds down into a small cube but I’m really looking to buy and not build, sure is what I’m looking for though!

Thanks ND! Not looking for the stroller type cart, looks like you did a great job on yours though. Not looking to build, looking to buy , thanks  again.

3 minutes ago, BillyBlaze said:

This is one Prototype for folding carts that Tequila Rita and I will be building. This one actually fits in the cross-section under my RV when folded down. Next one will be smaller and hold less guns. Handle will bi fold to be more of a cube when stored. Building yourself or have someone build to your specs is a good way to go. Our gun carts website will go live in July and we will have the videos of the builds available as well. 

6EE761BA-8EAE-4467-9046-AE9F464202C6.jpeg

E23B74DC-512A-47C1-B015-99C813001A4F.jpeg

Good looking cart BB! Hoping someone will have a good one they can part with that’s ready to go right now lol! I will check out your gun cart website in July for sure! Thank you for the pictures!

Also I will be at the Adobe Walls shoot in Pampa Texas the end of this month(24th 25th and 26th) and Prince of the Pistoleers in Lenexa Kansas the 9th, 10th, and 11th, of this month so if you have a cart you can part with send me some pics! Save some shipping on my part if your coming!

It’s been a few months back but I remember a couple guys were just starting to build some takedown carts for around the $300 dollar mark but don’t remember the name of their website. Anyone else remember them?

1 hour ago, Big Iron Bohannon said:

I'm one of the 3 Board Guys that builds small take down carts.  I'll shoot you a message with our contact info.  We offer 2,3, and 4 gun models.

Thank you!

Headed there now! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Headed there now! Thanks!

+1 to Big Iron Carts.  Don’t have one,  I saw several in action last weekend at Iowa State.  Looked very well built and usable.  Looks like a good way to go imo.

Ok search over, ordered on from Big iron Bohannon, should be here week after next, thanks for all the replies and pics everyone. And Makers Wright that is a heck of a cart you build! Thanks for posting the video Caladisi Kid!

4 hours ago, Big Iron Bohannon said:

I'm one of the 3 Board Guys that builds small take down carts.  I'll shoot you a message with our contact info.  We offer 2,3, and 4 gun models.

Thank you!

Any pix or web site? Found a FB link, but were no carts on what I could see, only cutting boards.

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Any pix or web site? Found a FB link, but were no carts on what I could see, only cutting boards.

Go to Facebook and search 3boardguys lots of pics and prices.

2 hours ago, Unexpected Bill said:

It fit in my sonata truck.$200 plus shipping.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Already bought one thanks!

Eyesa Horg

Posted yesterday at 04:55 PM

On 6/3/2022 at 12:04 PM,  Big Iron Bohannon said: 

Thank you!

Any pix or web site? Found a FB link, but were no carts on what I could see, only cutting boards.

Edited yesterday at 04:56 PM by Eyesa Horg

When you search for us on FB make sure to type in 3 Board Guys woodworking. If you don’t then you get the cutting board guys. 

Archived