SASS Wire Forum

Gun Rights Speech Tonight @ 7:30pm EDT.

9 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

The '94 AWB did not criminalize ownership of pre existing firearms and magazines.   It prohibited certain characteristics on so called "assault weapons", and only allowed magazines of no more than 10 rounds to be sold. Hi capacity mags marked "For L.E./Military Only" could be bought by cops and military. 

It was a failure, as crime rates did not decline during the era, and in fact, at least one of the worst mass murders (Columbine HS) occurred during the '94 AWB.  

Walter claimed mass shootings tripled after the sunset of the ban.  And that guns are the number 1 killer of children.

In the past I believe that car accidents were the number one killer of under 18.  Have not looked at the data in a while.  

the problem with all the posturing is no one is looking at root causes.  You have to ask why at least 5 times to drill that far down.  Of everything proposed (same tired gc imho) none of it would have stopped the killer in Texas.  Assuming he would have used a different gun instead an AR if they no longer available for under 21.  If the president was truly interested in solving the issue, something he proposed would have stopped one of the killers?

9 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

In the past I believe that car accidents were the number one killer of under 18.  Have not looked at the data in a while.  

the problem with all the posturing is no one is looking at root causes.  You have to ask why at least 5 times to drill that far down.  Of everything proposed (same tired gc imho) none of it would have stopped the killer in Texas.  Assuming he would have used a different gun instead an AR if they no longer available for under 21.  If the president was truly interested in solving the issue, something he proposed would have stopped one of the killers?

Age 1-9 and 10-24, unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death.  Homicide is highest in the 10-24 range, at 15%, but unintentional injuries are nearly 40%.  That category includes automobile deaths.  

8 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You were still also allowed to sell “pre ban” magazines and rifles .The gun shows were gouging people on these !

You are correct.  I should have said "sold by manufacturers".  I still have some of those "LE only mags" somewhere.

11 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I have compiled a list of the reasons I've heard for the school shooting.  I'm sure this isn't a complete list and more reasons could be added, but it's what I've heard from all sources; left, right, tv, internet, friends, talking head, SASS Saloon, etc.   Here's my list.

Reasons for School Shootings:

1.     Easy Access to Guns

2.     High Capacity Magazines

3.     Soft Target

4.     Lack of Mental Health

5.     Bullying

6.     Young Males

7.     Anger Issues

8.     Breakdown of the Family

9.     Poor Parenting

10. Lack of Respect for Life

11. Violent Video Games

12. Copy Catting - News Media Over Reporting

13. Loss of Religion

14. Pandemic Shutdown

15. Extreme Political Division

16. Christian Nationalism

I don't agree with #1 and #2, the rest I do.

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don't agree with #1 and #2, the rest I do.

That might be why it’s a shooting and not a bombing or arson.   What few people realize is columbine was supposed to be a bombing and they simply started to shoot people when the bombs failed to detonate.  

When the leaders of the baby-killing political party want to talk keeping people safe, I just laugh.

1 hour ago, Still hand Bill said:

That might be why it’s a shooting and not a bombing or arson.   What few people realize is columbine was supposed to be a bombing and they simply started to shoot people when the bombs failed to detonate.  

This was the worst one so far to my knowledge. No gun used , people just can’t seem to accept the real reason the government wants to disarm them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

14 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

'They' are looking at disarming America...and beyond.

That is the goal for the Canadian prime minister, that way there will be no armed resistance when they implement the Great Reset.

20 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I'm willing to bet that accidents involving cell phones kills more people yearly that all deaths involving firearms. 

Car accident death numbers per year are staggeringly high. I'm sure driving distracted by cell phones is a major cause these days, right up there with drunk driving and excessive speed.

15 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I watched it. He's right, Enough is Enough. I've had enough of the inflation, high gas prices and ineptness brought on by his administration.

Do Something, Act, Do Something. Come November, I will be doing something...voting his cronies out of office.

You forgot "for God's sake" . That adds more emphasis and make all solutions crystal clear.

33 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Car accident death numbers per year are staggeringly high. I'm sure driving distracted by cell phones is a major cause these days, right up there with drunk driving and excessive speed.

Firing a shotgun out the window will get their attention. It’s the solution for everything.

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

1 hour ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

You forgot "for God's sake" . That adds more emphasis and make all solutions crystal clear.

Nope, I didn't forget. Just didn't want to quote a Godless hypocrite making mockery.

18 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Why doesn't anybody use lever action or bolt action rifles, or revolvers, in these shootings? I've always wondered about that.

Because those are not generally seen in video games,  the movies or TV.  And no I don't blame TV, the movies or video games for mass shooters.  For most of the various competitive shooting sports most shooters are using "tactical" style guns.

Even in skeet and the other shotgun sports the vast majority of guns are either semi-auto shotguns or O/U shotguns.  Pumps are seen occasionally and I'm about the only person I know who routinely shoots a double.

2 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I think they play a part in it.

By themselves no, but to an already troubled individual, it makes things worse.  They might be a symptom, but they are not the cause.

Archived