SASS Wire Forum

Gun Rights Speech Tonight @ 7:30pm EDT.

I can’t watch Jeopardy damn it!! I’m not listening to his speech . It’ll be nothing but BS. I’ll hear clips of it tomorrow and all week! 

I'd rather watch a toilet flushing a chunk.

Oh wait...

;)

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

The president is going to give a speech on Gun Rights tonight at 7:30pm EDT.

Know your opponent and prepare.

Absolutely.  -_-

And no surprises... bottom line, it's the fault of a certain party.  <_<

Edit:  He took the safe route - leaving immediately after finishing and taking no questions.  :wacko:

I watched it. He's right, Enough is Enough. I've had enough of the inflation, high gas prices and ineptness brought on by his administration.

Do Something, Act, Do Something. Come November, I will be doing something...voting his cronies out of office.

It never occurs to them to ask why these people are doing this. 

Even if one were able to take away all the firearms, that would not affect their mind-set, or their desire to do violence.

They blame it on various things, but I notice these cowards are smart enough to go after targets like schools, restaurants, movie theaters, music events, shopping malls, and rarely do it at police stations, or military bases.  

More people die from hands, feet, and fists, than rifles. Yep, look it up. Perhaps the demo-rats should consider banning hands, feet, and fists.

"Gun control" is the simple "remedy" for simple minded people. It's all about cashing in on the emotions of the moment.

Right now, with the economy the way it is, because of them, they are desperate to do anything, or to latch on to anything, to try and survive the coming voter tsunami, in November. 

The president (little "p"), and the demo-rats, will have a ton of their policies overturned very soon. The mid-terms, in November, will flush a lot of them away, and the 2024 election will flush them out of the White House. 

But meanwhile, we the people must suffer, and our standard of living will keep decreasing, because of high prices, and inflation, and poor, or no, decisions.  

IF we can last, the Cavalry is coming...but the question is: IF !!!  

GUN control = Chicago, works real well doesn’t it??

I have had enough.

Enough of hearing about criminals on the street with rap sheets with multiple rapes, beatings, drug charges committing more crimes only to be treated like their the ones with rights. 

Enough of being marked a bad guy because I am white and hard working only to see slackers running things for only one reason and it sure ain’t their brains or experience. 

Enough of having my Constitutional rights pizzed all over by those that swear to uphold the Constitution they pizz all over every day as they get rich in office. 

Enough of having a Marxist news media that promotes a Marxist agenda. 

Enough of un-American ***holes desecrating this country and it’s traditions and being celebrated for it. 

I have had enough. 

Just now, Buckshot Bear said:

If they get a ban through on 'assault rifles' would that mean what's out there is legal and no more sales or would they (try to) confiscate all?

Then I guess we’ll get to see if a lot of people actually have the cajones they think they have. 

28 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Even if one were able to take away all the firearms, that would not affect their mind-set, or their desire to do violence.

They blame it on various things, but I notice these cowards are smart enough to go after targets like schools, restaurants, movie theaters, music events, shopping malls, and rarely do it at police stations, or military bases.  

More people die from hands, feet, and fists, than rifles. Yep, look it up. Perhaps the demo-rats should consider banning hands, feet, and fists.

"Gun control" is the simple "remedy" for simple minded people. It's all about cashing in on the emotions of the moment.

Right now, with the economy the way it is, because of them, they are desperate to do anything, or to latch on to anything, to try and survive the coming voter tsunami, in November. 

The president (little "p"), and the demo-rats, will have a ton of their policies overturned very soon. The mid-terms, in November, will flush a lot of them away, and the 2024 election will flush them out of the White House. 

But meanwhile, we the people must suffer, and our standard of living will keep decreasing, because of high prices, and inflation, and poor, or no, decisions.  

I have compiled a list of the reasons I've heard for the school shooting.  I'm sure this isn't a complete list and more reasons could be added, but it's what I've heard from all sources; left, right, tv, internet, friends, talking head, SASS Saloon, etc.   Here's my list.

Reasons for School Shootings:

1.     Easy Access to Guns

2.     High Capacity Magazines

3.     Soft Target

4.     Lack of Mental Health

5.     Bullying

6.     Young Males

7.     Anger Issues

8.     Breakdown of the Family

9.     Poor Parenting

10. Lack of Respect for Life

11. Violent Video Games

12. Copy Catting - News Media Over Reporting

13. Loss of Religion

14. Pandemic Shutdown

15. Extreme Political Division

16. Christian Nationalism

10 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I have compiled a list of the reasons for the school shooting.  I'm sure this isn't a complete list and more reasons could be added, but it's what I've heard from all sources; left, right, tv, internet, friends, talking head, SASS Saloon, etc.   Here's my list.

Reasons for School Shootings:

1.     Easy Access to Guns

2.     High Capacity Magazines

3.     Soft Target

4.     Lack of Mental Health

5.     Bullying

6.     Young Males

7.     Anger Issues

8.     Breakdown of the Family

9.     Poor Parenting

10. Lack of Respect for Life

11. Violent Video Games

12. Copy Catting - News Media Over Reporting

13. Loss of Religion

14. Pandemic Shutdown

15. Extreme Political Division

16. Christian Nationalism

Racism and white nationalism are two others regurgitated recently as well. So there’s 18.

At the end of the day, it’s the surfacing of anger/hostility or despair we see in these events:

unbridled emotions taken out on others in acts lacking any sensible self control.

I am sure the list of why they do this will be different for each individual doing this violence. I am pretty sure it is combination of things, and probably not just one thing. 

I think is it more important to know, and try to understand how a person like that thinks, and not so much how they feel. Feelings can change in a moment, as we all know. 

I guy I know, at church, was a psychiatrist, and he told me that he would tell his patients, on their first meeting, that he did not care how they felt, but he wanted to know how they thought. 

I am sure there will also be a debate on this....but, outside forces play a part, and mental and emotional forces play a part, and the person's intelligence plays a part, and the growing-up environment plays a part. But, I have to lean toward the person that does the violence is the one to take the lion's share of the blame. We all wrestle with temptations, and we all have our particular weaknesses, but the majority of us do not use violence. 

There are over 40,000 deaths, from automobile accidents, in the United States, every year. Perhaps those that are so adamant about gun control should refocus their attention to automobile deaths. But of course, that would not glean nearly as much attention as gun violence.  

29 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

If they get a ban through on 'assault rifles' would that mean what's out there is legal and no more sales or would they (try to) confiscate all?

'They' are looking at disarming America...and beyond.

8 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I am sure the list of why they do this will be different for each individual doing this violence. I am pretty sure it is combination of things, and probably not just one thing. 

I think is it more important to know, and try to understand how a person like that thinks, and not so much how they feel. Feelings can change in a moment, as we all know. 

I guy I know, at church, was a psychiatrist, and he told me that he would tell his patients, on their first meeting, that he did not care how they felt, but he wanted to know how they thought. 

I am sure there will also be a debate on this....but, outside forces play a part, and mental and emotional forces play a part, and the person's intelligence plays a part, and the growing-up environment plays a part. But, I have to lean toward the person that does the violence is the one to take the lion's share of the blame. We all wrestle with temptations, and we all have our particular weaknesses, but the majority of us do not use violence. 

There are over 40,000 deaths, from automobile accidents, in the United States, every year. Perhaps those that are so adamant about gun control should refocus their attention to automobile deaths. But of course, that would not glean nearly as much attention as gun violence.  

Automobile deaths or any argument correlating guns and autos should not be used due to obvious flaws of the argument...licenses, registrations, insurance, etc.

YMMV

Talking about it, and doing it, are two different things. 

Most of the demo-rats are looking at the upcoming mid-terms, in November, and they may not be too quick to jump on any type of gun-ban bandwagon.

Plus, whatever idiotic plans they have will likely be overturned, this coming January, when the demo-rats lose control of both houses of Congress, after the mid-term elections. 

Heck...my Cimarron Henry could be classified as an "assault rifle", since the magazine holds 12 rounds, and I can fire it at two shots per second.

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

The '94 AWB did not criminalize ownership of pre existing firearms and magazines.   It prohibited certain characteristics on so called "assault weapons", and only allowed magazines of no more than 10 rounds to be sold. Hi capacity mags marked "For L.E./Military Only" could be bought by cops and military. 

It was a failure, as crime rates did not decline during the era, and in fact, at least one of the worst mass murders (Columbine HS) occurred during the '94 AWB.  

2 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Automobile deaths or any argument correlating guns and autos should not be used due to obvious flaws of the argument...licenses, registrations, insurance, etc.

YMMV

Well, let's see...I have a license to carry. I register my firearms, when I obtain them at my F.F.L. dealer. And I could always say, the 40,000 annual automobile deaths are all caused by registered, licensed, and annually inspected vehicles, and vehicles, and drivers being insured, and operated by licensed drivers, so just having something licensed, and registered, and insured, doesn't seem to matter much in 40,000 dead human beings a year. But I understand what you are saying. 

In both instances, death by automobile, and death by firearm, can be accidental, and also can be on purpose. Most of the automobile deaths are not intentional, but, like as not, operator error, or being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or by drug/alcohol related causes.

The only correlation I was referring to, was the huge number of deaths cause by automobiles, and the very vocal seem only to concentrate on firearms tragedies, and not the tragedy of death by automobile accident. Should not there be marches, and protests, with 40,000 deaths a year? There have been some, by such groups as M.A.D.D., but not really a national ongoing protest.  

The US government has been arming Ukraine, because they're allies. The US government has been seeking to disarm Russia, because they're opponents.

In totally unrelated news, the US government seeks to disarm you.

Spike Cohen

@RealSpikeCohen

Well currently our government is trying to arm its allies “like Bosnia” and disarm its enemies “like Russia” . It kinda let’s you know what they think about law abiding citizens that own guns . Anyone trying to take away your ability to defend yourself and your loved ones is by definition you’re enemy 

2 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

This is incorrect.  It ain't about "gun control".  It never has been.  It's about disarmament so that there can be a takeover/coup of the country.  What's the first thing dictators do?  Ban guns.  Every f***ing time.  Mao, Castro, Pol Pot, Lenin, Hitler, there are so many times that this has occurred throughout history.  Disarm the populace and you can take over.  It's about power.  Always has been.  Always will be. 

I think it's way past time we hid behind the rhetoric of those that want to ban guns.  Call it out for what it is.  Call a spade a spade.

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

The '94 AWB did not criminalize ownership of pre existing firearms and magazines.   It prohibited certain characteristics on so called "assault weapons", and only allowed magazines of no more than 10 rounds to be sold. Hi capacity mags marked "For L.E./Military Only" could be bought by cops and military. 

It was a failure, as crime rates did not decline during the era, and in fact, at least one of the worst mass murders (Columbine HS) occurred during the '94 AWB.  

You were still also allowed to sell “pre ban” magazines and rifles .The gun shows were gouging people on these !

2 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

My wife, the wise one she is, wouldn't let me watch it. ;)

Same here! She told me I would have to use about 10 times my normal blood pressure meds and even that might not be enough. :angry:

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

YMMV

In a sense I agree. Use, operation and ownership of an automobile is a privilege defined by regulatory law, tax  law and criminal laws. Ownership, use and the carrying of firearms is an enumerated Constitutional right, one that those who would rule have done their best to destroy for decades. 
Regards

Gateway Kid

i cannot listen to that man - that said , there is one reason this happened - a sick kid that some knew was sick , got it in his head to make a statement in a wrong headed way , he was responsible - no one and nothing else , unless we look and see that someone knew what he was doing , then they have culpability too 

17 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

In a sense I agree. Use, operation and ownership of an automobile is a privilege defined by regulatory law, tax  law and criminal laws. Ownership, use and the carrying of firearms is an enumerated Constitutional right, one that those who would rule have done their best to destroy for decades. 
Regards

Gateway Kid

IMO, using the automobile argument is just too risky as a whole. For motor vehicles to legally use public roads, the motor vehicle must be registered with the residing state and insured. This motor vehicle registration data is not just used/available to local law enforcement but also to all law enforcement, including federal law enforcement. To operate said motor vehicle, or any motor vehicle, you must have a valid operators license that's data is also available to all law enforcement, including federal law enforcement.

Now, substitute the word firearm for the word automobile or motor vehicle. See where I'm going with this? Any somewhat intelligent anti-gunner will simply state that in order to own/operate a firearm, the firearm must be registered/insured and the owner/operator must be licensed. This is certainly not the direction that I want a firearms debate to go in.

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Now, substitute the word firearm for the word automobile or motor vehicle. See where I'm going with this? Any somewhat intelligent anti-gunner will simply state that in order to own/operate a firearm, the firearm must be registered/insured and the owner/operator must be licensed. This is certainly not the direction that I want a firearms debate to go in.

The state of CA is already trying to do this , that way they can regulate and price guns out of reach for the common citizens. They can say you can still have the gun we say you can have if you can afford to jump through all the hoops 

8 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Aside from stopping the Democrats from weakening the 2nd Amendment, what are Republicans proposing to curb gun violence?   Maybe we should focus on those proposals.

Very valid suggestion. 

I have gotten to the point where I think “no more gun control” from the R’s and “we need more gun control” from the D’s is all about campaign funding and lining their pockets. I can almost imagine them all meeting up for drinks and dinners after the cameras are turned off to strategize their next big revenue enhancing events snd talking points. 
All the media hype is merely for distraction while they do things in other areas they wouldn’t get away with if people were paying attention. 
I also think the media is in cahoots with all of it. 

Archived