SASS Wire Forum

My Rhett Neumayer/Demonstrated Concepts Cowboy Special is now a convertable and SASS legal again.

El CupAJoe

This is a follow on to the topic above, feel free to read through that first.  Over lunch today, I finished making my shotgun stock convertible so it can go back and forth from being my truck gun to my match gun.  All in all this was pretty straight forward, but I got pretty lucky in that my cut line hit right where I needed it to which was rather hard to confirm before doing the cut.  drilling into 90+ year old wood was a little scary, but I took it slow, chucked it up in a drill press, sharpened the bits and ran the drill, turning the chuck by hand instead of powered.  Test firing and pictures to follow tonight.  Just in time for the Battle for Baldknobber Ridge this weekend!  Things still on my checklist, finish loading my BP shotshells and Rifle shells.  If I have time, make up some more paper cartridges for my Remmy.  Dust off the cowboy outfit and strap on my spurs, Branson here I come!

It works!  Also my homemade black powder shot shells pattern nicely!

Forgot to add a picture of it assembled last night.  I've removed the flashlight since this pic was taken, I feel like black powder smoke and flashlights don't work well together :D

20220602_201517.jpg

Notes from battle for Baldknobber's ridge.  had my wood screws back out after the second stage.  will need some more work on the adapter plate attachment.  I was able to borrow a shotgun for stage 3 and get it back together by stage 4 and was able to finish the match but it was a little loose again by the end of the last stage.

Archived