SASS Wire Forum

Wts sig 938, 9mm. SPF

I want to sell my Sig Sauer 938.  This is 9mm.  This is a gun made in 2014.  It is an excellent gun but is excess to my needs.  It never has jammed no matter the ammo.  It even cycles shot shell ammo.  The blue tipped, but won't chamber the second red tipped ones, not enough powder in them.  I likely fired a couple of hundred rounds through her.  I carried it for a while.  Since my keys kept scratching the finish even though it was in a holster I switched to a stainless finish.  I haven't carried this one in a long while.  

Comes with box and papers and 2 factory magazines,  one of them the extended 7 round mag.  Also comes with factory holster.  It retains the gun well.  

I'd like $600 shipped and insured.  Money order or major bank certified check.   

Some folks rate this a very powerful handgun.   :-)

Good Morning, Trigger Mike. I do not know much about handguns of this type, but am looking for something I can carry here in New Orleans. From the looking I have done on the internet, I conclude that this is an "original" 938 vs the 2019 updated "legion" version...probably not that important for my purposes, at least until I learn a lot more than I now know. I do know of Sig's reputation for reliability and will do more research to learn about the 938. In the meantime, based on your obvious knowledge, is there anything more you can tell me  about this guns applicability for my purposes vs some of the more recent ones like the Ruger SE9, S&W CSX, etc.   Thank you......I understand about this being "a very powerful handgun".

Ozark Okie

(845) 380-4573 (old cell phone number)

Good Morning, Trigger Mike. I do not know much about handguns of this type, but am looking for something I can carry here in New Orleans. From the looking I have done on the internet, I conclude that this is an "original" 938 vs the 2019 updated "legion" version...probably not that important for my purposes, at least until I learn a lot more than I now know. I do know of Sig's reputation for reliability and will do more research to learn about the 938. In the meantime, based on your obvious knowledge, is there anything more you can tell me  about this guns applicability for my purposes vs some of the more recent ones like the Ruger SE9, S&W CSX, etc.   Thank you......I understand about this being "a very powerful handgun".

Ozark Okie

The Legion is the same gun but with better finish and other upgrades.   This is different from the csx et al in that it is basically a small 1911.  You carry it loaded with the hammer back and on safe and drop the safety when you want to fire.  It is fairly lightweight but does not have much recoil.  I used to carry it in my pocket or in the included holster on my belt.  Sometimes inside my waist.   It is thin as well.  Sig makes excellent products.   

1 hour ago, Ozark Okie said:

Ozark Okie

(845) 380-4573 (old cell phone number)

Okie,

Whether this is a pistol that will suit you is a personal thing.

The 938, due it's small size, can be quite snappy with higher velocity loads.

It's also a single action only pistol.  Your carry options are limited to cocked and locked, hammer down on a loaded chamber or hammer down on an empty chamber.  The pistol carries very easily and one could quite literally "forget they're carrying".  The trigger, in my experience, is much cleaner/crisper than double-action-only pistols in the same size.  The factory sights are also better than a lot of other pistols on the market (IMO).

I will not hesitate to recommend this pistol to someone looking for a 9mm in this size that's comfortable carrying cocked & locked.  Otherwise, I would recommend going with a DAO pistol, with the caveat of trying them out to see how different the trigger pulls are.

Ozark Okie,

Hello neighbor, from Picayune, MS! If you get over this way, you can shoot mine.

If you like the way a 1911 operates (single action, cocked and locked), you'll like the P938. I do, and I've carried a P938 for years. If I didn't already have two, I'd probably have bought this one. If you're not comfortable with carrying C&L, you should probably look for something else. 

The recoil is a bit snappy, but I'm carrying mine with Winchester Ranger 127 gr. +P+ ammunition. It's not hard to control, but it's not like a full size 9mm with 115 gr. white box. As a caveat, I wouldn't recommend a steady diet of +P+, but limited use (probably 400 rounds so far) hasn't been a problem. I use lesser ammo for range time, finishing up with a mag or two of the +P+.

I've never had the safety come off accidentally. I've carried it in a pocket holster, and IWB. 

My 2¢, fwiw.

This has been my carry gun 24/7/365 since 2015 and it is easy to forget your wearing it, works flawlessly and is very accurate as mentioned you have to be comfortable with cocked and locked and I personally have never found a round that won't feed.

PS: I run 50+ rounds through a week and have never had a failure.....you do the math 20K rounds+

I sometimes try other carry guns like a glock 43x or even a kimber 357, or a 1911 45acp.  

After a short while I always go back to the 938.  I keep losing weight so a 1911 makes my pants fall , I just prefer the 7 round sig to the 10 round glock 43x.  I even tried a ruger 9mm but they just don't feel the same when fired as the sig.  It's no wonder the army went to a sig.  A sig 220 45acp was my duty gun as an officer for  a while and was hard to beat.

Have two of the P938's.

Pretty much my favorite carry gun. 

Don't see how you could go wrong with one. 

One is the fancy Texas Edition.

I don't carry it. It's kind of my Sunday gun. 

• Trigger Mike changed the title to Wts sig 938, 9mm. SPF

Glad this worked out for you, Trigger Mike.

I'd like to thank you and others like Chief Rick, Hoot Gibson and others who chimed in with helpful information to further my education about a carry gun, and the Sig 938 in particular. 

OO

Archived