SASS Wire Forum

What brand of hot dogs do you like best?

Boarshead uncured beef (natural casing) , or Kentucky Legend Smokemaster beef hotdogs. Finally, nothing beats a Sabretts all beef with sauerkraut and mustard.

I can't remember the last time I had a hot dog! Never was a big fan of them. I'll take a burger anyday over a hot dog!

These have become my favorites. 
image.thumb.jpeg.b335b8b4b046592d5aa6d83af330a0b7.jpeg

These used to be my favorites and sometimes I stand at the store and debate between the two. 
image.png.0a304e7c7d9efa995c1bb37d59911b7c.png

I get the Nathan’s restaurant style most of the time.

When I can find ‘em, I buy the Oscar Meyer 1/4 pound all beef hotdogs.  They’re fabulous on the grill or broiled!!

Mostly off hot dogs as we use them to give pills to a couple of the dogs.  My first dog got his with Liverwurst and I got really tired of that.  Brats, Kielbasa, Italian sausage, breakfast sausage still on the menu.

7 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Mostly off hot dogs as we use them to give pills to a couple of the dogs.  My first dog got his with Liverwurst and I got really tired of that.  Brats, Kielbasa, Italian sausage, breakfast sausage still on the menu.

Italian sausage, Brats, and Kielbasa NOW were talking!!!;)

Karl Ehmer skinless franks, They're a New England favorite, There used to be stores everywhere, but since Karl passed, His kids sold everything off and there are just a handful of stores left.

all-beef-frankfurters.jpg

4 minutes ago, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

Karl Ehmer skinless franks, They're a New England favorite, There used to be stores everywhere, but since Karl passed, His kids sold everything off and there are just a handful of stores left.

all-beef-frankfurters.jpg

The original Ehmers was on Yorkville on 86th street and they expanded from there.  Had many wonderful products from that store in my childhood!

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

These used to be my favorites and sometimes I stand at the store and debate between the two. 

Formerly known as THE Dodger Dog!!!

Oh wait…we haven’t had any holier than thou diction on the evil hot dog and their ingredients…:P

What phase is the moon in? :lol:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Oh wait…we haven’t had any holier than thou diction on the evil hot dog and their ingredients…:P

What phase is the moon in? :lol:

When they start importing them from China I will definitely worry 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The only thing I'd say is that I notice a lot of these pictured dogs say "uncured". You see a lot of "uncured" bacon now, too. Except they are all cured. With celery juice, which contains nitrates. That Oscar Meyer Smokie package says 'no nitrates or nitrites: except those naturally occurring in celery juice.

Marketing never stops.

My favorites are Hebrew Nat'l and Nathans, too.

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

You see a lot of "uncured" bacon now, too. Except they are all cured. With celery juice, which contains nitrates.

Which are exactly the same as those from a factory.

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

These have become my favorites. 
image.thumb.jpeg.b335b8b4b046592d5aa6d83af330a0b7.jpeg

Yeah. We used to get Nathan’s or Hebrew National but I tried these Angus dawgs and that’s all I buy now. Had 3 last night! 

25 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah. We used to get Nathan’s or Hebrew National but I tried these Angus dawgs and that’s all I buy now. Had 3 last night! 

They are good. I discovered them on sale and tried them. Been buying them ever since. 

I used to be a fan of "whichever was cheapest/on sale". Then I found Nathans and ate them for a while. But then I found Caspers! Great flavor, and I really like the way the skin "pops" when you bite 'em. Millers are a close second for me.

Archived