SASS Wire Forum

Large Caliber 9MM

Well, Joe is at it again.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-9mm-guns-texas-uvalde-mass-shooting

Apparently, .22s are OK, and don't hurt you badly; but those "large caliber 9 mm" will blow your lungs out of your body, and must be banned - along with any pistols that hold "10 or more rounds" (that's about 75% of all semi-auto pistols, ain't it?)

And, again, he has repeated the historical inaccuracy about the inability of private citizens to own cannon during the Revolution...when very clearly many cannon of that period were privately owned.

It's bad enough that we are constantly debating the same issues with the same uninformed political hacks; but when they are willfully ignorant of history and gun technology, it's like playing cards with my brother's kids.......

LL

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Yup, he’s correct as usual. I dropped a 9mm cartridge on a Toyota once. Had 9700 dollars in damages.

Worse than a mortar round! Very big. Huge! Scary!!

• Haha 8

"They said a .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out — may be able to get it and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body," Biden said.  "So, the idea of these high-caliber weapons is, uh, there’s simply no rational basis for it in terms of self-protection, hunting," Biden added. "Remember, the constitution was never absolute." 

:o

Mr. President, bless your heart. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yup, he’s correct as usual. I dropped a 9mm cartridge on a Toyota once. Had 9700 dollars in damages.

I know a guy that dropped a .45 ACP round inside of a Dodge Charger. Ripped a big ole hole in the space continuum which allowed UFOs through. Closed up too quick for them to get back thru the hole. They were forced to stay in this dimension and have been pissing the Air Force off since.

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

And, again, he has repeated the historical inaccuracy about the inability of private citizens to own cannon during the Revolution...when very clearly many cannon of that period were privately owned.

Black powder muzzle loading cannons are legal pretty much anywhere.  Breech loaders using smokeless powder are regulated, and require a tax stamp.

• Thanks 1

Have y'all forgotten his previous brilliance? :rolleyes:

Vice President Joe Biden might want to have a talk with his son, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, before he makes another public statement about guns.

In a Facebook "chat" Tuesday, the vice president said that he had advised his wife, Jill, to fire a shotgun in the air from their Delaware home's porch if she was concerned for her safety.

"I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'" Biden said. 

"You don't need an AR-15—it's harder to aim," he added, "it's harder to use, and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!"

[DEBATE: Did Obama's SOTU Rhetoric Sell Gun Control?]

However, Delaware law would likely make his suggestion illegal—unless the shots were fired in self-defense in a truly life-threatening situation.

A sergeant with the Wilmington, Del., police department explained to U.S. News that city residents are not allowed to fire guns on their property.

The sergeant, who preferred not to be identified, said that Wilmington residents are also not allowed to shoot trespassers. "On your property you can't just shoot someone," he said. "You have to really feel that your life is being threatened."

Defense attorney John Garey—a former Delaware deputy attorney general—agreed, and added that several criminal charges might result if Jill Biden took her husband's advice.

"In Delaware you have to be in fear of your life to use deadly force," Garey said. "There's nothing based on his scenario alone" indicating a reason to fear imminent death, he noted.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

UB - Your statement will soon be found and quoted by some reporter in the lame  stream media!:unsure:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

UB - Your statement will soon be found and quoted by some reporter in the lame  stream media!:unsure:

I misspoke. It was two 9mm rounds.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Well, Joe is at it again.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-9mm-guns-texas-uvalde-mass-shooting

Apparently, .22s are OK, and don't hurt you badly; but those "large caliber 9 mm" will blow your lungs out of your body, and must be banned - along with any pistols that hold "10 or more rounds" (that's about 75% of all semi-auto pistols, ain't it?)

It's bad enough that we are constantly debating the same issues with the same uninformed political hacks; but when they are willfully ignorant of history and gun technology, it's like playing cards with my brother's kids.......

LL

They are not uninformed.  They just refuse to believe it. 

Wasn't it Teddy Roseveldt who said:  " Some people have to see something in order to believe it.  Others have to believe something in order to see it?. 

Edited by Dusty Devil Dale
  • Thanks 1

Leave it to the brain trust of this agenda to be so sharp as to start their idiot tongues wagging after 2 years of the highest gun sales in history and the main caliber of handgun purchased? 9mm

What do they think, all those new gun owners are just going to line up ready to hand over their new guns then bend over for the prescribed smoke up their bums?

• Like 1

#LGB and the idiot up  in Canada must've gotten the same talking point memo from the media and soros. Trudeau has proposed a bill banning the ownership/import/manufacture/transfer/sale of any handgun. Period.  That's like putting a Gun Free Zone on a building to let the crooks know which is the safer place to commit a crime in. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I glanced at an op-ed this  morning that stated the only way we were going to lower gun related deaths is to perform a wholesale confiscation/destruction like they did in Europe......... 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Calamity Kris said:

I glanced at an op-ed this  morning that stated the only way we were going to lower gun related deaths is to perform a wholesale confiscation/destruction like they did in Europe......... 

Civil war, one house at a time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The stupidity of this president and his advisors are truly astounding! Do they actually believe what they're saying?

14 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The stupidity of this president and his advisors are truly astounding! Do they actually believe what they're saying?

Most of them and The View viewers do but Joe has no idea what he does or says at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Black powder muzzle loading cannons are legal pretty much anywhere.  Breech loaders using smokeless powder are regulated, and require a tax stamp.

Today's useless fact, there appears to be a small window:  breech loading cannons made before 1898

A dedicated firearms auction house that I follow had a breech loading cannon come up for auction.  Because it was made prior to 1898 they were able to auction it off without a destructive device license being required.  IIRC it was some form of mountain gun or comparable to a mountain gun, fairly small and it would fit in the back of a regular pickup.

• Like 2

Ya'll are forgetting something.

Sniffy's just in it for the free ice cream.

As long as he gets his triple scoop cone at the end of the day, he will read whatever they put on the teleprompter.

What the Leftists have done to that old man oughta be considered elder abuse.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

How could someone that has been in government for 50 years and a staunch advocate for and heavily involved in “gun control” not know the basics about the things he talks about and advocates?

“Large caliber 9mm”?
Lungs being “blown out”?

This man who has advocated the use of 18.5 mm double barreled guns to shoot into the air and at people’s legs (presumably not to kill them so they can continue living and paying taxes and voting) should know what a larger “caliber” is, no?

I think he got mixed up. Yeah, that’s it. He’s just a little confused. :blink:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

Civil war, one house at a time.

Yep

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

How could someone that has been in government for 50 years and a staunch advocate for and heavily involved in “gun control” not know the basics about the things he talks about and advocates?

“Large caliber 9mm”?
Lungs being “blown out”?

This man who has advocated the use of 18.5 mm double barreled guns to shoot into the air and at people’s legs (presumably not to kill them so they can continue living and paying taxes and voting) should know what a larger “caliber” is, no?

I think he got mixed up. Yeah, that’s it. He’s just a little confused. :blink:

A little confused for the last 47 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Yep

A little confused for the last 47 years. 

Well, not to worry... He says he's going to run again in 2024! 

Say! I wonder what Elon is going to do about guns at his Mars colony?  If I were 50 years younger, I'd sign up! No use going anywhere else on this planet, is there? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

I see this every time there is a wave of public hysteria over gun control. The anti-gunners start getting bold and openly say what they were afraid to say before. It's like the Ice Cream Man saying he wants to ban 9mms. The gun haters want to eliminate private gun ownership in this country, and they are not going to stop at so-called "sensible" laws like background checks and an assault weapons ban.

They want to ban them all.

• Sad 1

I believe he said "high caliber weapons." I don't know what those are, nor do I know what medium or low caliber weapons are either.

The guy has lost his mind and can't find it with Jill looking, too. How he has any support is one of those imponderables.

I don't think they can decide what BS they want to believe or push.  I watched a portion of "60 Minutes" the other night and they were getting hysterical about the devastating power of "High Power Assault Rifle Cartridges".  They went on and on about the destructive power of the 5.56 mm "Weapons of War".  One segment showed a Glock 9mm being shot into ballistic gelatin and an AR type 5.56 mm being shot into ballistic gelatin.   Then they carried on about the extreme destructive power of the "High Velocity" .223 vs. the 9mm.  Well, they did get one thing right:  The 5.56mm/.223 IS a high velocity round.

I guess their tiny little brains would have fallen out of their heads if they had tried a .30-06 or 7mm Mag. on the ballistic gel.

I knew what I was letting myself in for when I tuned in the show.  I just had to watch to see what unadulterated BS they were going to puke out.

What a bunch of idiots.

Angus 

27 minutes ago, Go West said:

I believe he said "high caliber weapons." I don't know what those are, nor do I know what medium or low caliber weapons are either.

The guy has lost his mind and can't find it with Jill looking, too. How he has any support is one of those imponderables.

Okay, this makes more sense…not really, but I think I know what was meant. He probably meant “High Capacity Weapons”, but used the word “caliber” instead. 

I’d say more but it really wouldn’t be worth getting a time out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Okay, this makes more sense…not really, but I think I know what was meant. He probably meant “High Capacity Weapons”, but used the word “caliber” instead. 

I’m pretty convinced he has no idea what he means , he’s just reading the teleprompter as well as he’s able. They  probably have the bouncing ball on it to help with his rhythm 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'd offer a high caliber weapon would be a 155mm Howitzer.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It’s a trap. They are waiting for someone to point out an AR is a 22 caliber (.223/5.56).

The compromise to all of this ultimately will be voter ID (truly, a national ID card, with national control over elections. “Migrants” will be exempt but eligible for local voting. The trend will be for US citizens seeking fake proof of illegal status they can enjoy the rewards of living in the USA without the cost and responsibility) in exchange for gun owner ID, with expanded licensing fees, taxes and obligations, along with gun restrictions .

It’s a lose/lose proposition.

Edited by Dirty Dan Dawkins

Posted (edited)

I was in my LGS today so I asked the owner if he had any "lung blowing" 9mm ammo or just the regular kind. He said "Both". Some of the other patrons got it, some didn't.  The owner got it.

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

In the 30's?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

This is my belief.   He makes slips like this all the time.  

I'd be 100% sure he meant "Capacity" rather than "Caliber" - except I'm not sold that he knows what the difference between capacity and caliber is.

• Like 2

Y'all missed the point! The caliber wars are now officially over!!:)

The 9mm is more powerful than the 45acp, there that settles it!!:ph34r:

Had a guy at the range tell me once...

." Everybody KNOWS that the millimeters is more powerful than the calibers"!

Guess he was right all along!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3