SASS Wire Forum

Hey Canada Pards!

13 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

<Shiver>

Can he just do this or does it have to be voted on?

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

And that is only 1/2 of the story. He wants a mandatory "buy back" of so-called assault rifles. Read below for more.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadas-trudeau-freeze-handgun-ownership-mandatory-buybacks

6 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

He's not a dictator, surely it would have to go through the Canadian Parliament. 

Whew! So you got a chance it won’t pass! Good luck!! Seriously!

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Whew! So you got a chance it won’t pass! Good luck!! Seriously!

I'm an Aussie Rye, but I worry now for our Canadian pards and how 'infectious' this could become.

All you have to lose is your freedom - to quote a great man

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”
― Winston Churchill

19 minutes ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

It will be here next . By EO .  

Presidents can’t do it by EO otherwise it would have been done years ago!!

8 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

It will be here next . By EO .  

Not by EO, but #LGB is already parroting Trudeau saying he wants to ban ALL 9MM, (I had never put 9MM and High Power together. Is 9MM really considered high power?) as well as ALL handguns capable of holding 10 or more rounds. I believe that would cover what, 80%+ of all semi-auto's?

13 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Can he just do this or does it have to be voted on?

It has to go through Parliament, but they don't expect it to be voted on until after the summer recess, as there is not enough time left before the summer break. If it is passed in the Fall, and it will be as the Liberals have the backing of the fringe parties, and together they out number the Conservative Party, then will go to the Senate for their approval/disapproval.  So, we are looking at close to a year before it becomes law, unless a miracle happens.

17 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

He's not a dictator, surely it would have to go through the Canadian Parliament. 

After your word, Dictator, add: yet, but getting there

8 hours ago, Clay Mosby said:

Not by EO, but #LGB is already parroting Trudeau saying he wants to ban ALL 9MM, (I had never put 9MM and High Power together. Is 9MM really considered high power?) as well as ALL handguns capable of holding 10 or more rounds. I believe that would cover what, 80%+ of all semi-auto's?

Brandon’s speech writer probably read about a browning high power being in 9 mm and a dim bulb came on in his head 

If 9mm is high power,  what is any magnum?

Man I'm getting rid of my 45's and 357's and replacing them with 9mm's! I had no idea they were so powerful!! Thanks Joe!!

19 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

A super power 

I want one.

I mean, theoretically speaking. Them must be extra superduperdangerous!

FJB actually called the 9mm a "high caliber" round, whatever that is. All of these so-called leaders and talking heads always talk about firearms in terms that don't exist or are meaningless. I love it when they say long gun instead of rifle, God forbid they even know what a carbine is. Yes, I know long gun is a proper term but how often do you hear anyone knowledgeable use it?

The expert E.R. doctor FJB quoted about the 9mm said he could easily remove a .22 from the lungs but the 9mm blows them clear out of the body. Hmmm, the .223 is a .22, I guess they'd be OK????

Remember this is the Same Twit that Banded an Airsoft rifle as a Prohibited Weapon .

And Yes He is acting like a Dictator... Breaking federal laws with no repercussions .

Jabez Cowboy  

Re Justin Trudeau:

What is a little encouraging is some of the articles, in major newspapers, calling him out on his stupidity and pointing out what any legislation should address.

Seems like some of the media reporters are no longer in love with him.

So THAT;S why the FBI went back to the 9mm!!! I had NO idea, guess I will have to go to my low power rounds like my .45acp

Bugler

Archived