SASS Wire Forum

Dillon XL650 reloading set-up***SOLD***

***SOLD***If you're considering expanding your reloading capabilities, here is a package deal to consider. This is the Dillon XL650 reloader mounted on their "strongmount" base (also includes their flat steel mounting plate if you'd rather mount it lower) with almost everything (except supplies) that you will need to start loading a host of calibers. Caveat is that this is way too much stuff to ship, especially with the outrageous cost of shipping anything these days, so this is only going to be attractive to someone willing to drive to North Georgia to pick up everything. Here's what's included:

Dillon 650, with:
case feeder
large pistol casefeeder plate
strong mount
benchtop mounting plate
bullet tray
powder check (2 of these are included)
roller handle
upgraded live primer catcher
upgraded spent primer catcher
650 reloader cover
d-terminator scales

Dillon Quick-change (the Dillon Quick-Change includes a tool head, tool head stand, powder measure and powder die) 4 of these included
plus 2 additional tool heads

Dillon Dies:
.308 w/conversion kit
.9mm w/conversion kit
.223 w/conversion kit
.38/.357 w/conversion kit
.45ACP w/conversion kit
.45 Colt/.454 Casull w/conversion kit

Other Dies:
RCBS .44 mag 3-die set
Hornady .223 full-length die
RCBS .223 small base sizer
Lee Decapping die

Misc. stuff:
Dillon CV-500 brass cleaner
Dillon Case separator
Dillon machine maintenance kit
3 Dillon bins
9 small primer tubes (these are for loading the primers into the primer feed tube of the reloader)
5 large primer tubes
.38 Special case gauge
9mm case gauge
RCBS deburring tool
RCBS primer tray

other small miscellaneous stuff that will go with it, like the original live-primer catcher, original spent-primer collector, various powder system parts (baffles, etc.), tools and more.

As you'll note from the pictures, this is currently set up for .45 Colt. Just looking at the major components of the above, new pricing would be bumping up against $4,000. And that doesn't include all the ancillary small items that are included. Coupled with the fact that any Dillon dies and many other Dillon items are mostly backordered now and have been for quite some time, this is a great opportunity for the person that wants to get into some serious reloading. (Note that a "small pistol" casefeeder plate is not included in the items above. However, it is available from Dillon for $48 at this time.)

I do a lot less shooting these days and the reloading that I do at this point can easily be done on my RCBS Rockchucker. So this system has become superfluous for me and deserves to be put into use. Therefore, it's for sale for $1600 picked up in Young Harris, Ga. 

Should a buyer be intending to shoot .45 ACP, I have a pretty large quantity of brass and 230 grain bullets that I would offer for an exceptionally reasonable price since I currently have a lot more loaded rounds than I'm likely to ever shoot. The bullets are FMJ so would not do for SASS matches.

(I just noticed that the Dillon D-Terminator scales did not get into the pictures, but it IS included; it's only about a year old and works perfectly.)

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

Wow! This is a heck of a deal! Loading 38's/357's uses the large caliber plate for the case feeder, so the fact that you don't have the small plate doesn't affect the 38's. I'm thinking 9mm would probably require the small plate. The conversions with the tool heads, powder hoppers, dies, Quick change kits, etc. would be about $400-$500 each. If I didn't have a 550, 650, & 1050 already, I'd be jumping all over this!

Good luck!

• Cherokee Slim changed the title to Dillon XL650 reloading set-up***SPF***
  • Cherokee Slim changed the title to Dillon XL650 reloading set-up***SOLD***

Archived