SASS Wire Forum

Sportsman’s warehouse Gunsmithing

Buckshot Bob

Man, some of those prices though....sure, theres stuff in there a normal guy cant do-especially without the correct machinery-lining barrels and such.....but $35 to put a muzzle brake on a threaded barrel? $200 to remove cosmoline?  Wow
Imagine buying an overpriced sks from them for $499(as compared to the $75 it used to cost) and then paying $200 to get the cosmo removed?
Dang

2 minutes ago, Lunger Dan said:

Man, some of those prices though....sure, theres stuff in there a normal guy cant do-especially without the correct machinery-lining barrels and such.....but $35 to put a muzzle brake on a threaded barrel? $200 to remove cosmoline?  Wow

I think the $200 to remove cosmoline is because it’s a job no body wants to do , so if you’re not willing to do it yourself your going to pay 

My cosmoline cleaning experience was in 1953 with the Jr. ROTC when our drill 1903 Springfields were replaced by 120 new M1's in original shipping crates. My company was given 5 gallons of leaded gasoline, oil, rags and rubber gloves with instructions to clean and lube them. Was done on the school plaza under the watchful eye of a US Army Col. Doubt if our clothes ever got rid of the gas smell. Our pay = $0 per hour.  After drilling with the Springfields, the M1's felt like really heavy fence posts. Inspection arms during drills created a massive outbreak of "M1 Thumb."

Archived