SASS Wire Forum

Locked threads

Captain Bill Burt

1 hour ago, Tequila Tony said:

It is not unusual for a forum moderator (either here.. or on other non-SASS related forums) to rule with a heavy hand.

The power goes to their heads.

I, for one, think the MODS do a very good job, especially considering the guidelines they have been given ..... what to do, what not to do, etc.....

No doubt, they earn their pay..... ;)

They allow good hearted 'bantering' among a few of us.   They allow TN Williams and myself to tell outright lies about one another.

But their hands are tied when it comes to any purchases any of us are involved in over the Wire, whether we are the seller or the buyer.

No, I am not a Moderator, nor would I ever want to be one.   There are a few post I would delete sometimes that they don't.

Its a tough job and often a thankless job.

I've been stung a couple times with locked thread or deleted post.   I pushed the limit and got caught.   It was that simple.

Thanks Moderators.   You'll probably get a 10% raise this year..... :D

..........Widder

Widder, I thought you wuz telling the truth about ole TW given his reputation. I knowed TW wuz gold plating the truth when he told tall tales about you! The things you discover on the Wire! :o

Kajun

6 hours ago, Tequila Tony said:

It is not unusual for a forum moderator (either here.. or on other non-SASS related forums) to rule with a heavy hand.

Try being a Mod on a gun forum for a while.

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

Nope. There isn't enough corners in the building to send people to. I think we need to make it a rule if you say one negative thing you also need to say two positive things.

4 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Widder, I thought you wuz telling the truth about ole TW given his reputation. I knowed TW wuz gold plating the truth when he told tall tales about you! The things you discover on the Wire! :o

Kajun

You oughtta know by now...you just can't trust anyone named Widder.

6 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Try being a admin on a Facebook for sale page if you think a gun forum is bad.

8 hours ago, Cholla said:

Nope. There isn't enough corners in the building to send people to. I think we need to make it a rule if you say one negative thing you also need to say two positive things.

1. TW

1. Ice cream is really good.

2. It was a pretty day yesterday.

18 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

This wasn't intended as a criticism of the moderators, it was more general grousing about not being able to tell people to 'get off my lawn!' when I want to.

Carry on.

???? I thought you had Astroturf????

17 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Try being a Mod/admin on a Texas High School sports forum! 

I sent  Misty an email last night asking about allowing folks who are scammed an avenue to report same to other members.   Maybe if enough of us do so she will adjust the rules. 

On 5/31/2022 at 12:40 PM, Tequila Tony said:

So educate us.  What have we done to you that has demonstrated that any of us are on such a power trip that your feelings have been trampled on?  We will be glad to fix it for you.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Try being a Mod/admin on a Texas High School sports forum! 

I sent  Misty an email last night asking about allowing folks who are scammed an avenue to report same to other members.   Maybe if enough of us do so she will adjust the rules. 

We have a pinned "Scammers" post on the Classified Wire where you can ad input.  But, on true scammers only,. Thieves.   Not disputes between members about shipping costs, claims about shipping damages, or whether a gun works properly.   SASS is not getting in the middle of that.  But, if you know of a true scammer, spammer, thief, others need to know.   

I know it gets lost among the other pinned posts.  I'm exploring ways we could make that post "pop".

If a Sales post, or PM raises questions in your mind, please report it.  That flags it to investigate.   We've had some legitimate members whose accounts have been hacked, and suddenly the posts are coming from overseas.  Let us know, then we can let you know.  We even had a for sale post from a deceased member!  Help us with your input!

On 6/1/2022 at 4:00 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

1. TW

1. Ice cream is really good.

2. It was a pretty day yesterday.

THAT’S the spirit, Capt Bill! :D

Happy hugs!

Scarlett

Archived