SASS Wire Forum

I made an investment last month.

I got called in to work today for a little OT. I figured the amount of time I worked will cover my gas for the week. That is all.

I didn't vote for that senile old coot. Besides the oil industry, I blame him and his enablers for all that is wrong in this country. The list is long. Enuff said.

What truly baffles me is where are all these conservative pundits that were proclaiming “America is now energy independent!”? Obviously these sonsof…. were lying. I distinctly recall people like Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, etc. proclaiming “we are energy independent…and we won’t be if (fill in the blank) is elected.”

The closing of the Keystone pipeline didn’t cause all this crap and though Biden and company did cause some up-ticks in pricing the reality is it’s not all the Democrats fault either. 

We are being played people. 

Go look for news articles that explain why prices are so high. They all dance around saying “maybe it’s this” or “maybe it’s that” but there are no solid answers. Why? Because even the news reporting agencies have their fingers in the till, making money off of this crap or they are being manipulated by their overlords. 

Fighting amongst ourselves is what those in power like. It keeps us distracted from other things that are going on. 

image.jpeg.0f59ebaa5a01e00b524499577a03860d.jpeg

Having been in the industry, I can say that talking to people still working for the company, that oil is expensive and not coming in. They are also, the refineries buyers and Terminal owners looking for oil and gas to purchase. A couple of Terminals, one in the area is buying the "dead Gasoline" which was created by California State "Reformulation  for its stipulation on cleaner air. This causes Octane loses and rather the re-blending at a refinery is sold because it will reduce output of refinery further. The Terminal, (buyer), then spends time and money to boost its Octane level back to 87 using Butane, also costly and time consuming.

Using railcars to transport oil is time consuming to get it to the refinery and costly transporting it to refinery rather then by pipelines. As to oil company having leases, leases mean nothing because they can't use them without the heavy burden of following environmental rules and laws. Plus building roads to sites which must also meet and exceed the environmental laws on building them to test sites.  Not all leases means there's oil there. Testing, drilling, and again environmental  concerns and laws to do this plus investments.

12 refineries have closed down so far because of lack of crude oil and are turning to formulating Ethanol. 

Who's to blame for this? Lets say the present administration made a promise to close coal mines, stop the Keystone, and seek wind, solar and clean electric vehicles. 

As to Refineries, they purchase Crude oil at high asking prices. Remember, a barrel of crude oil is 42 gallons out of which a refinery can produce 19 gallons of gasoline at its best, but many times also lower. The last refinery in the US was built in 1969 - 1972 in Joliet/Channahon, Illinois, A Mobil Plant. Environmental Laws have made it prohibited and too costly to build a new one.

The administration that supports criminals over victims is more responsible than the party not in power. They're the ones pushing the EV;s when the infrastructure is not in place. The average EV buyer earns at least $100K. Their idea of getting the public ready for the summer is to warn of pending rolling blackouts. Just saying.

How's the build back better economy effecting your decision to go and play cowboy? 

There is a 2 day shoot at Marshfield,  Missouri this weekend. We've never missed one. Just go to cowboy garage sale and hobnob. Not this year. Figure $50 just for gas and eat out another $30+. Restaurant food prices have at least doubled in past couple years.

Instead I cut firewood for next winter. 

50 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

How's the build back better economy effecting your decision to go and play cowboy? 

Not just traveling to play cowboy. Pretty much doing everydamnthing. I buy less at the grocery store, we don't eat out but rarely, I'm NOT planning any trips out west this summer, etc. Building Back Better is BS.

I was excited I got gas for $4.23 which was .10 cents off the $4.33 price with my BJs Master card. 
This is crazy !!:blink:

45 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Not just traveling to play cowboy. Pretty much doing everydamnthing. I buy less at the grocery store, we don't eat out but rarely, I'm NOT planning any trips out west this summer, etc. Building Back Better is BS.

I know several that no longer travel the 100 miles plus to a match, monthlies because of fuel cost, add cost of ammo, and fees. Groceries, as we see it has gone sky high. Hamburger is priced what a steak use to cost. Hot Dogs, pork, chicken and eggs have also sky rocketed. Now with Gasoline prices jumping daily rather then weekly or monthly, I'll pick my matches more carefully and even monthlies will be looked at.

Sadly, I'm concerned about cowboy action shooting due to fuel prices and inflation. Covid impacted the sport dramatically as did the scarcity of ammo and reloading components. I miss seeing the familiar faces at monthly matches. This is one activity I do for fun and entertainment and look forward to all of the events. I've done my bit to source primers and have enough for the rest of the year, but what if no one else comes?

Two of the clubs I shoot at have matches on Saturday and Sunday, back to back, then on another weekend, one shoots Saturday and one shoots Sunday. One is about 95 miles away and one about 115. Both are in the same general area, but about 45 miles apart. I usually tow a small 14' Jayco trailer for these shoots, spend Friday & Saturday night on the range, and come home Sunday afternoon, but the price of diesel is making it difficult to justify that now. Depending on which club I shoot at, or the "split club" weekends, diesel is running me ~$115 to ~$140, round trip. 

My Honda Fit easily gets 40+ mpg, and the seats fold down so they're flat front to back. At the range, set the gun cart outside, and it's easy enough to sleep in, so that might be my next option. Less than thirty bucks vs. a hundred and fifteen...

On 5/29/2022 at 12:48 AM, watab kid said:

friend just told me that last week it was over $6 when he passed through , anybody vote for this crud ? 

I've been asking around, but I can't find anyone that will admit they voted for ole sniffin' joe. I am anxious to ask them how this is working out for them.

Bulletin...it's gonna get worse, before it gets better.

funny how no one will own this , is it possible no one did ? and it was all rigged ? just speculating here as everyone in the country is sufferin and im ready to heat the tar barrel and open the feather pillows for anyone that wanted this to happen to the country , 

11 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I've been asking around, but I can't find anyone that will admit they voted for ole sniffin' joe. I am anxious to ask them how this is working out for them.

Bulletin...it's gonna get worse, before it gets better.

We have one down the road that is a Biden supporter (the only one I remember seeing that had his yard covered with vote for Biden campaign posters), they  have a EV also.  He asked the neighbor across when he was getting an EV since fuel cost are so high, and maybe now more people will consider buying an EV and thanks to Biden who is a do something President to clean the environment. 

This is what the Biden voters may be also saying. I shoot with a former Teacher that is a strong supporter still and does blame the war on high prices. Go figure!

We are saving gas the old fashioned way:  covid lockdown.
The 'rona finally caught up with us, so we are stuck at home.
My bride has it far worse than I do, but both are looking at the 'rona being an unwanted house guest for a few weeks.
I'd prefer to skip the 'rona and pay the extra fuel costs.

8 hours ago, bgavin said:

We are saving gas the old fashioned way:  covid lockdown.
The 'rona finally caught up with us, so we are stuck at home.
My bride has it far worse than I do, but both are looking at the 'rona being an unwanted house guest for a few weeks.
I'd prefer to skip the 'rona and pay the extra fuel costs.

Prayers for you both getting better soon.

Eyesa & Ellie

Archived