SASS Wire Forum

Don't be difficult with the elderly

main-qimg-a54747ba6b398912ef6f645542fef45d-pjlq.jpeg.6034fed66109c782391989ea664e654b.jpeg

The old lady handed her bank card to a bank teller and said, “I would like to withdraw $10

The teller told her, “For withdrawals less than $100 please use the ATM.”

The old lady wanted to know why ...

The teller returned her bank card and irritably told her, “These are the rules. Please leave if there is no other matter. There is a line of customers behind you.”

The old lady remained silent for a few seconds, then handed the card back to the teller and said, “Please help me withdraw all the money I have.”

The teller was astonished when she checked the account balance. She nodded her head, leaned down and respectfully told her, you have $300,000 in your account and the bank doesn't have that much cash currently. Could you make an appointment and come again tomorrow?

The old lady then asked how much she could withdraw immediately.

The teller told her any amount up to $3000

"Well, please let me have $3000 now".

The teller then handed it very friendly and respectfully to her.

The old lady put $10 in her purse and asked the teller to deposit $2990 back into her account.

The  moral of this tale .......

Don't be difficult with old people, they spent a lifetime learning the skills.

I was young but a similar story. Had a few hundred dollars in my account at BofA. I wanted to close the account and take my money. There will be a $2.00 service fee. Any fee for just doing a withdrawal? Then give me everything except $1.  And I walked out.

I had an account that I wanted to close because I didn’t need it anymore and they were hitting me $10 a month service charge. The balance got to -$3 and they started hitting me for a+10 overdraft fee every three days. I asked them to close the account. They said I had to send a letter. I ignored them and every three days they whacked me for $10 and sent a letter telling me.  When my balance got to -200 they got bored and just closed the account.

This reminds me of a bank joke—with a moral. 

An obnoxious jerk comes into the bank to cash his check and all three tellers have long lines.  The jerk doesn’t want to wait so he crowds in front of the first teller’s line, slaps down his check and demands the teller cash his check. The teller tells the jerk he’ll have to go to the end of the line and wait his turn.  The jerk yells, “I’M NOT WAITING!”  He then crowds in front of the second teller.  Same things happen.  The jerk then crowds in front of the third teller’s line, “YOU ARE GOING TO CASH MY CHECK!  NOW!!”   The third teller reaches across the counter, grabs the jerk by the front of his shirt, and give the jerk three swift punches in the kisser!  The teller then tells the jerk, “You go to the end of the line and wait your turn, then I will cash your check!”  The jerk goes to the end of the line, patiently  waits his turn, and the third teller cashed his check. 

The jerk quietly picked up his money and proceeded to leave.  The second teller ask the jerk, “Sir, why didn’t you do that the first time?”

The jerk replied, “Oh, well that man ‘splained it to me.”

Some people just need things ‘splained to them!

I think a lot of us probably had a B of A account during our early school years.  Every Monday they had us bring in our envelope with whatever small deposit we had.  Somebody took them all to the bank and did the deposits.  I think that program was nationwide.  I never withdrew my money and interest.  Did you?  Ive always wondered how much did the bank make off of that?

My Mom did just that at a Bank of America branch.
She was getting real bad attitude from the young teller, so she had enough.
Mom told the twit to draw her a cashiers check and close her account.

The twit's eyes popped when she saw the amount, and got the branch manager over to intervene.
Mom told him she was tired of rude treatment and he could kiss her ass, cut her a check and watch her take her business elsewhere.

A long time ago, the bank I was using built a new branch right next door to where I worked.  They'd been open just a couple days when I went in to deposit a paycheck.  On the floor, out in front of one teller station, a couple guys were working on what resembled an enormous heating or AC duct.  I was about the only customer in the bank so I walked over to see what they were working on.   It was the opening to a large  3'x4' chute, connected to a stainless steel slide.  They told me there was one under the rug at each teller station. 

I asked the teller what it was for and she explained in a holdup or other  threatening  situation she could press a button and the person outside her service window would fall into the hole and be delivered down the slide into a concrete vault at the bottom, to await police arrival. 

I instinctively looked down and kicked at the edge of the rug.  Sure enough I was standing on a trap door.  

I never forgot that.  I've always wondered if that was just a local innovation or if  other banks have the same kind of thing.  

Archived