SASS Wire Forum

Woman safes many lives - but SHHHHHH!

Bart Slade

3 hours ago, Bart Slade said:

Check out this story:

https://wchstv.com/news/local/victim-hospitalized-in-charleston-shooting

Woman with a concealed carry pistol saves many lives.    Isn't it odd that none of the MSM are celebrating her?

I wonder how often this happens in America.

According to the FBI, it happens between 2,000,000 and 2.5 million times per year.

29 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

According to the FBI, it happens between 2,000,000 and 2.5 million times per year.

What I'd really like to see someone report on (the MSM won't do it, I'm sure the government won't do it - but maybe the NRA or the like would) is crunch some numbers and model:

A) if we were to ban all guns, how many lives do we think it would save?

and more importantly:

B if we were to take all guns away from legal gun owners, how many lives would it COST due to them being unable to defend themselves?

My suspicion is that B would be greater than A.   Particularly if we were fair and pulled suicides and self defense killings out of A.

The numbers games can be made/bent to match any ideal that you want.  You really need to filter information as you get it.

BS

2 hours ago, Barry Sloe said:

The numbers games can be made/bent to match any ideal that you want.  You really need to filter information as you get it.

BS

The problem is that information can also be bent, which is the point of my post.   We've all heard about the Texas school shooting 1000 times (not that we shouldn't have).   But NOBODY (for all intents and purposes) has heard about the story I posted even ONCE.

How can you "filter information as you get it" if you're only provided partial information?

There’s no doubt countless times that brandishing a weapon alone defeats the threat and most times they do not get reported. 

On 5/27/2022 at 12:17 PM, Bart Slade said:

Check out this story:

https://wchstv.com/news/local/victim-hospitalized-in-charleston-shooting

Woman with a concealed carry pistol saves many lives.    Isn't it odd that none of the MSM are celebrating her?

I wonder how often this happens in America.

Not odd.  It's expected.

What doesn't fit the Accepted Narrative must be ignored and suppressed.

37 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... if the msm did actually cover the story, this brave Lady would probably be painted as some kind of evil vigilante waiting for just this type of situation so she could kill someone ......   :mellow:

By the time they got done, it would read like she stalked him, set him up and ambushed him for the sheer joy of killing.

Not to mention that by the time they were done, there'd be riots nationwide and she'd be in hiding due to being doxed and all the death threats.

I sent an email to our local tv station with info about this incident.  I asked if we would see major coverage on their broadcast and if not, why not. I sent a follow-up, still no response.

I emailed back and forth just a couple of times previously with their lead anchor. He finally said he was to busy to continue. How busy can a local news reader be? It's not like he has ever done any investigative reporting.  

Archived