SASS Wire Forum

Desperate times call for desperate measures

48 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

I need more than one drink after seeing that 

CB :huh:

You and me both.

When I was in Australia I bought a book about Australian cuisine which is now mostly a blend of British and Asian. But it starts out describing the First Fleet and their settlements.

about 1803, Britain sent First Fleet to bring convicted criminals to Australia. After they served out their sentences they could either stay or return to Britain. Needless to say but after a time the population was largely male. They mostly cleaned their cooking pans by hanging them in the wind and letting the blowing sand scrub them. Most of their cooked food would be BROWN.

After a time there was a surplus of women in the British Isles and an offer was extended to go to Oz and meet single eligible men. Many accepted the offer. As they married and settled in, the cooked food stopped being so brown.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

After a time there was a surplus of women in the British Isles and an offer was extended to go to Oz and meet single eligible men. Many accepted the offer. As they married and settled in, the cooked food stopped being so brown.

....... and I am so glad that they did ....  :)

Archived