SASS Wire Forum

Beef

Subdeacon Joe

Got half a cow coming from a rancher friend.  Have to work on the freezers.  Grass fed, grain finished, no hormones or chemicals other than required vaccinations.  Almost as good as :Enough: ammunition.

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

Got half a cow coming from a rancher friend.  Have to work on the freezers.  Grass fed, grain finished, no hormones or chemicals other than required vaccinations.  Almost as good as :Enough: ammunition.

Good on ya, Rip!  :)

My son (Sassparilla Kid) has a buddy in the cattle biz - both dairy and beef.  Anyway, a couple months ago, he sold the Kid a young half Jersey and half Angus steer.   The Kid had it butchered, cut and wrapped, and filled my freezer.

DAMN but that's good stuff!  ^_^ 

The Kid grilled us up some steaks a couple weeks ago that were at least as good as any I've had at Ruth Chris's.  :blush:  

3 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Overated. 

Brisket! 

But nobody mentioned Brisket, either....  :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

But nobody mentioned Brisket, either....  :rolleyes:

Or tongue, rib roast, chuck roast (which may be the most flavorful cut), or rump roast.

There's approx one billion cattle in the world in 2022.

There's approx 8 billon humans in the world in 2022.

When we die, we're just wasted (and even worse we pollute being 'taken care of" if we are cremated ......I wonder if that will change in the future when the world population is a lot more and finite resources are getting stretched even thinner.

World Cremations -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cremation_rate

Cremation Pollution -

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/is-cremation-environmentally-friendly-heres-the-science

13 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

FB_IMG_1653595264962.thumb.jpg.5364fd48228be9768fd1f0df4106965c.jpg

13 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Here's another:

image.jpeg

I need to take these images and put them back to back and laminate them in a wallet sized card to hand to people when they scoff at me, an omnivore, and then ask them “Are you going to stop using the products listed more?”

Thanks for posting these, Gents. I had seen them before and forgot about them. 

Oh, and by the way, a guy I used to work with worked at a beef processing center in Maricopa County, AZ. He told me the only parts not used from a cow were the lungs. They haven’t figured out what to use them for…yet. 

5 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I do not believe those folks can process factual information.

Oh, I know you’re right.
I had an interesting discussion with a couple of people a while back after they made comments about banning “fossil fuels”. In a nutshell; I asked them if they were going to give up their phones, tablets, computers, electric cars, clothing, furniture, etc.

My question baffled them and I explained that everything about them screamed “fossil fuel user”!

From their faux leather “vegan” shoes to their products - ALL made using petroleum of one fashion or another. 
I walked away as the stammering began. I couldn’t resist telling them as I walked away that electric cars could not be made without petroleum products. 

I don’t think they like me any more…

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Oh, I know you’re right.
I had an interesting discussion with a couple of people a while back after they made comments about banning “fossil fuels”. In a nutshell; I asked them if they were going to give up their phones, tablets, computers, electric cars, clothing, furniture, etc.

My question baffled them and I explained that everything about them screamed “fossil fuel user”!

From their faux leather “vegan” shoes to their products - ALL made using petroleum of one fashion or another. 
I walked away as the stammering began. I couldn’t resist telling them as I walked away that electric cars could not be made without petroleum products. 

I don’t think they like me any more…

Most likely no great loss!

17 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Only way to do it, IF i Told you how chickens are kept you would never eat one again .

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Oh, and by the way, a guy I used to work with worked at a beef processing center in Maricopa County, AZ. He told me the only parts not used from a cow were the lungs. They haven’t figured out what to use them for…yet. 

Some countries lungs are on the cuisine..... Yuck. 

But here's a very interesting read - 

https://www.statnews.com/2018/03/12/cow-surfactant-premature-babies/

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

From cattle?  Boy, I gotta tell you: Oz is a lot weirder than we've been led to believe.  :o

no, from the freezer ......   :mellow:

.... and yes, we are .....   :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

McDonalds - It's 100% beef! 

(Per definition, 100% beef is everything from the tip of the cows nose to the end of its tail!):wacko:

... actually Macdonalds is VERY fussy about their meat ....... 

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

... actually Macdonalds is VERY fussy about their meat ....... 

Once,many years ago I was traveling across north Texas and I passed a truck pulling a McDonalds refrigerated trailer

It was emblazoned the "Golden Arches" and whatever catch phrase of the day was( long before" You deserve a break today!).

Printed on the side of the trailer in about 4 inch letters was:

MacDonalds Horse Meat Plant

Didn't know where it was going or where it came from,but it was years before I ate in one of there restaurants again.

29 minutes ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Once,many years ago I was traveling across north Texas and I passed a truck pulling a McDonalds refrigerated trailer

It was emblazoned the "Golden Arches" and whatever catch phrase of the day was( long before" You deserve a break today!).

Printed on the side of the trailer in about 4 inch letters was:

MacDonalds Horse Meat Plant

Didn't know where it was going or where it came from,but it was years before I ate in one of there restaurants again.

One of several reasons why I refuse to eat at McGarbage!!  Been ten years since I went in one.  That was when my youngest grandson decided most anywhere else was better too!

6 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Only way to do it, IF i Told you how chickens are kept you would never eat one again .

I get magnificent free range eggs from the same friends.  Superior to the usual store bought in so many ways!

Archived