SASS Wire Forum

Oklahoma #2

Okiepan

I had a great uncle that nobody in the family talked about.  However, at one of our later family reunions, my dad's oldest bother, my Uncle Dan, told us this story.

According to Uncle Dan, the great uncle that nobody talked about was a drunk, shot a man in the back and stole the man's horse.  The scoundrel was run down out on the Kansas prairie and hung from the tongue of a wagon.  However, Uncle Dan was quite emphatic that that black sheep of the family, "...never had any offspring to taint the family blood!!!" -_-

42 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I had a great uncle that nobody in the family talked about.  However, at one of our later family reunions, my dad's oldest bother, my Uncle Dan, told us this story.

According to Uncle Dan, the great uncle that nobody talked about was a drunk, shot a man in the back and stole the man's horse.  The scoundrel was run down out on the Kansas prairie and hung from the tongue of a wagon.  However, Uncle Dan was quite emphatic that that black sheep of the family, "...never had any offspring to taint the family blood!!!" -_-

Sounds like most of my family tree.

Gotta great great great grandpa (or something like that) that was put on trial for shooting 3 men.  He caught them raiding his liquor cache.  He wasn't convicted.

The Texas branch of the family was started by a great, great uncle that had gotten caught bootlegging, had been convicted and sent to prison.  Once he got, out the Revenuers kept a close eye on him because they knew that he had some caches that they hadn't got when he was sent to prison and they wanted to catch him with it so they could send him back.

One night, he came home with a pocket full of money, loaded the family into the car with nothing but a change of clothes each and a basket of fired chicken and left town.  About a month later, my great grandma gotta post card from Dallas with his new address.

Archived