SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Uberti 1873 modified for CS45

Sam Colt

WTB:  Uberti 1873 modified for CS45.  Prefer something with a nicely figured stock, slicked up with short stroke kit.

Also looking for dies for CS45 for a Dillion 550 press.

I just got my 1873 back from the Cowboy Shop where he converted it to 45acp and did an action job on it.  He did a great job and it runs very smooth.  I don't know if he has any 1873's for sale but if you already have one I would talk to him about converting it.

All you need is a 73 rifle chambered in 45colt. The only modifications are to the carrier and filing .020" off of the left side of the bolt. Look up The Smith Shop in Rhode Island. Bill English (Happy Trails) can modify a carrier for you.

There is no such thing as dies for C54S, as yet. You need to make up a set using parts of other caliber sets. There have been a few discussions on this here in tha past few months. I personally use an 45 Colt/Schofield RCBS Cowboy set for sizing and bullet seating, and use a shortened Dillon 45 Colt die for roll crimping. Using 45 AR dies will get you most of the way there also, but will size the brass smaller. 

For reloading the C45S I use the die set recommended by the inventor…

Hornady Custom Grade #546554 for 45 Auto/AR/WIN in conjunction with a 45 Colt conversion on a Dillon 550.

Works great. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

btw couldn’t find my link to the tips page I had for this round but if you PM Garrison Joe he is a wealth of information on it. 

Archived