SASS Wire Forum

WtC? The Cocked Transition

Here's a different example that would warrant a SDQ as a traditional style shooter, as the control is going from one hand to the other.

Shooter draws their right pistol with right hand holding the grip, cocks the hammer with their left thumb, then switches the grip from their right hand to their left hand, and then fires all 5 rounds.

9 minutes ago, Shamrock Sadie said:

Here's a different example that would warrant a SDQ as a traditional style shooter, as the control is going from one hand to the other.

Shooter draws their right pistol with right hand holding the grip, cocks the hammer with their left thumb, then switches the grip from their right hand to their left hand, and then fires all 5 rounds.

Even if the cocked revolver never left both hands completely? 

And they never changed from a two-handed shooting style?

12 minutes ago, Shamrock Sadie said:

To me, it seems that's pretty much what happened in the video minus the hull pull. But as the local Walmart had no banana split ice cream like PWB showed me a few minutes ago, I am now going through withdrawals and can't be trusted for judgement. 

8 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Even if the cocked revolver never left both hands completely? 

And they never changed from a two-handed shooting style?

The control went FROM one hand to the other. In the Dudley example, he was still "holding" the revolver with the left hand and it never moved FROM one hand to the other.

16 minutes ago, Shamrock Sadie said:

Not by PWBs explanation. Holding the grip doesn't matter. 

1 minute ago, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

Opens up the proverbial “can of worms”, doesn’t it!

In no way, shape or form.

Folks are attempting to assign their own meanings to the words in the rule.

Part of understanding the rule requires knowledge of WHEN the pistol was cocked AND how MANY hands were in contact with the pistol at THAT moment.

IF

the pistol was in sole control/ contact of a singular hand (hand 1)

AND

cocked WHILE in sole control/ contact of a singular hand (hand 1)

This pistol may then be further supported by hand 2 - BUT cannot (while it remains cocked) be transferred to the sole control/ contact of hand 2.

But a pistol cocked while in control/ contact of TWO hands - remains in hand even if one hand releases the pistol.

Holding a cocked pistol with both hands does not require both hands to remain in contact.

16 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

That's a great explanation. Where can I find that in writing to add it to my folder.?

Copy & paste into a doc file.

Archived