SASS Wire Forum

A celebratory lunch

Why?, you may ask.
Today I reached my weight goal. As of this morning I am down to the same weight I was than when the accompanying daguerreotype was taken..
That was in 1968, when I was 150 pounds of airborne fighting fury. So I pigged out a bit. :lol:
and Drinks are on me. 

p.s. salad for dinner I guess. ;)

060EE0F4-0992-45A2-8F92-FC396A544417.jpeg

51C1B31A-0E52-4516-9C31-A2BE524F56EE.jpeg

I'm a couple of pounds less than I wrestled at in college, unfortunately along with a little excess fat, I lost muscle as well.  I suppose at the end of it all I'd rather be a scrawny old guy than a chubby one.

Hard to believe how young and how much we weight back then. I was 142 at 5' 11 1/2" and wore pants 28 x 30 and 14 size shirt. Today I weigh 172 and wear 30X30 and 151/2 shirts.

I also didn't have grey hairs nor hair start growing were I never had hair.

I'm glad you regained your mean, tough, fighting machine status. But the M&Ms? I would have gone for some Power House or Payday bars.

1 minute ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Hard to believe how young and how much we weight back then. I was 142 at 5' 11 1/2" and wore pants 28 x 30 and 14 size shirt. Today I weigh 172 and wear 30X30 and 151/2 shirts.

I also didn't have grey hairs nor hair start growing were I never had hair.

I'm glad you regained your mean, tough, fighting machine status. But the M&Ms? I would have gone for some Power House or Payday bars.

M&Ms and chips. Breakfast of champions! 

At 225, I'm 5 pounds heavier than what I was when I graduated HS.  I'm 25 pounds lighter than when I when through the Police Academy.  I'm almost 100 pounds lighter than my heaviest ever weight, and 26 pounds heavier than my lightest adult weight.  

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Soon to be knocked off its pedestal by Vegemite flavoured baked beans on buttered toast :)

That would be a sure sign of the Apocalypse. :blink:

A78324D3-DEED-4080-9EE8-1D0CCBEC143B.webp

2 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

At 225, I'm 5 pounds heavier than what I was when I graduated HS.  I'm 25 pounds lighter than when I when through the Police Academy.  I'm almost 100 pounds lighter than my heaviest ever weight, and 26 pounds heavier than my lightest adult weight.  

I went to the doc today for a upper respiratory infection. 247 lbs. I am 6' 1 1/2".  My chunkiest was probably when I was 150 in the 5/6 grade, then grew out of it to be lean in my teens.

Out of high school, 205 lbs.  33" waist. At my peak fitness level, I was 27 and around 220-225 lbs. Then had a wreck at 28 that messed up my lower back and tail bone. and started to gain weight. At 35, I took a bad fall and really messed my hip and L4/L5  for 4-5 years and put on some weight again. Second marriage to another redhead and another really good cook didn't help either. In 2019, at age 44 I had a real bad inguinal hernia that almost made it to the point of no return. It all started with bad eating habits, inactivity and that leading to being susceptible to injury.  Got that working on an 80' pole most of the day doing things most overweight  44 y/o are not suited to do. I dropped from 245 down to a low of 212 prior to surgery.  Looked gaunt and felt like hell, but had to take some of the gut off to take pressure off so I could postpone surgery. I settled in at around 215-218, was a flat belly once more and got back into a 34" pants again. At that point a hernia girdle was the only thing holding it in. Intestines would slip out to my groin even to take a leak, would have lay down, finagle it back up and in, strap up and go back to work. Towards the end, by the end of most days I could barely stand or walk. By surgery I had to have open surgery and the blame tear was so bad, they told me to take at least two months off. That didn't happen. I was back at it within 3 weeks and still to this day regret it. One of the first jobs ran a jack hammer and demoed pole bases, mixed and poured concrete for two days and then laid up for three. My urge to work over rode my sensibilities and within 2-3 months they were talking epidurals for life due to the nerve damage I caused. I don't do that, I couldn't stand the opioids they prescribed me. Needless to say, since then, I have been less active, binge eat for stress and pain management, and gained back to a recent high of 250 lbs. At 47 y/o I am finding hindsight is something to learn form but not stew over. Cheeseburgers fries and all the good stuff ain't worth it on a regular basis. I think I'll have an egg white and a smoothie for breakfast tomorrow. I best lose some weight and strengthen my abs. I don't need another surgery.

Good on ya. I mean it.  I wrestled in high school.  I never want to be that light again.  126 pounds.  The waistband on my underwear bridged my hips.  I graduated from college at 165.  It would be nice to be that light but I feel good and my clothes fit.  40 years of a sedentary occupation, back and hip injury so I am just lucky to be motoring.  I do what I want in my own time.  Would I like to be lighter?  Sure, who wouldn't but I made myself a promise in high school that I would never be hungry again.  My wife is a great cook to boot.

1 minute ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Good on ya. I mean it.  I wrestled in high school.  I never want to be that light again.  126 pounds.  The waistband on my underwear bridged my hips.  I graduated from college at 165.  It would be nice to be that light but I feel good and my clothes fit.  40 years of a sedentary occupation, back and hip injury so I am just lucky to be motoring.  I do what I want in my own time.  Would I like to be lighter?  Sure, who wouldn't but I made myself a promise in high school that I would never be hungry again.  My wife is a great cook to boot.

When we went on wrestling trips guys on the team would get really po'ed because I was under weight for class and could eat anything.  Some of my buds exercised in plastic suits and dieted for a week before a match.  After weigh in, chug a couple of cans of Nutriment.  Different times!

Until I was in my late 40s I could just about eat anything with out any weight gain. My dad was the same way, always

thin. But I had to start exercising more heavily. After I retired I eventually hit up to about 175. Not a comfortable weight. Don’t want to be there again.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Until I was in my late 40s I could just about eat anything with out any weight gain. My dad was the same way, always

thin. But I had to start exercising more heavily. After I retired I eventually hit up to about 175. Not a comfortable weight. Don’t want to be there again.

congrats on your achievement , im still there at well over 70 , according to the recent medial charts im aware of im at my ideal weight/height ratio , if i were to return to 1968 id have to find a new belt that fit a 28" waist , id also have to deal with my first wife that would cause anyone to waste away 

Archived