SASS Wire Forum

Thoughts of @Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103

1 hour ago, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

Linn is an amazing author who comes up with material that is factual and entertaining.  I want to write like him when I grow up.

You plan to grow up??? :huh:

That's how I used to do it.  Then, as an adult, I went to school (as an English major) with young people.  They taught me proportion.  A three-page paper takes 3 hours, not all weekend.  'Twas a more valuable lesson than anything the profs threw at me.

5 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

1293023337_Screenshot2022-05-25144747.jpg.6dcec7fcb8d019a62d46a5aacc615002.jpg

2 hours ago, MizPete said:

That's how I used to do it.  Then, as an adult, I went to school (as an English major) with young people.  They taught me proportion.  A three-page paper takes 3 hours, not all weekend.  'Twas a more valuable lesson than anything the profs threw at me.

Writing a book in no way compares to writing a paper. 

When we wrote our book, it literally took years to get it done. Of course we didn't have a deadline, we did full time jobs, AND we were total amateurs. 

I can't compare myself to Linn Keller, and I have only written the one book, but it takes a WHILE to get it right.

25 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

BUT..... in the back of your mind, is LINN KELLER the pin name of maybe Utah Bob, or maybe ALPO.   Maybe even Father Kit Cool Gun.

?

..........Widder

....... er, .......... no ....

19 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Writing a book in no way compares to writing a paper. 

I have no doubt.  I do not have a book in me.

42 minutes ago, MizPete said:

I have no doubt.  I do not have a book in me.

I never thought that I did until my friend came up with the idea. I just wish that I could figure out how to get a publisher interested. 

We self published, but have no real way to advertise it, except by word of mouth.  

Archived