SASS Wire Forum

And now for something completely different

Somewhere in the basement, I actually have that first album. It was my parents from the 60's I think.

It already started a damn brain worm! Love potion number 9 :lol:

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Somewhere in the basement, I actually have that first album. It was my parents from the 60's I think.

I still have it. Mine, not my parent’s. :lol:

Yeah! I’ve got the TJB album somewhere too.

Six straight feet of records, all at just over floor level, You think I can find it?  I did find a lot of great stuff along the way.  Been a while since I played records, the CDs in cartridges (also obsolete) are so easy and get daily play.

My parents had that album and when I was in 5th grade I started playing the trumpet. Within a few months I could follow along through that entire album, much to my Mom’s delight and my Dad’s chagrin. :D 

That summer, just before entering 6th grade I had a major falling out with Mrs. English, my trumpet teacher over “The Flight of the Bumblebee”. She was old school smack you with a pointer stick old bat and I was a stubborn little $*** that wanted to play songs by Herb Alpert and Burt Bacharach.

That was the day I wrapped my trumpet around the basement support pole of East Ward school. She whacked me with her pointer stick numerous times. I grabbed and broke her stick and then went home. I got my tail tanned but good that night. :lol:
I never played a trumpet again. I often wonder about what would have happened had I had a real teacher. 

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My parents had that album and when I was in 5th grade I started playing the trumpet. Within a few months I could follow along through that entire album, much to my Mom’s delight and my Dad’s chagrin. :D 

That summer, just before entering 6th grade I had a major falling out with Mrs. English, my trumpet teacher over “The Flight of the Bumblebee”. She was old school smack you with a pointer stick old bat and I was a stubborn little $*** that wanted to play songs by Herb Alpert and Burt Bacharach.

That was the day I wrapped my trumpet around the basement support pole of East Ward school. She whacked me with her pointer stick numerous times. I grabbed and broke her stick and then went home. I got my tail tanned but good that night. :lol:
I never played a trumpet again. I often wonder about what would have happened had I had a real teacher. 

Had to be there then, in that era to understand!

My brother has this Tijuana Brass Album.  I was a pre-teen at the time, but kept staring at the lady.  :)

Archived