SASS Wire Forum

I got tired of pecking at primers

Snake-eye, SASS#45097

I ordered a Primafill primer tube filler and it came in today. Works great the first time. No more pecking at primers. I was able to fill one hundred small primers as fast as the guy in the ad video. Great product.

They do work well. I wish it had concentric rings instead of straight lines. The rings seem to work better for getting all the printers flipped the right way. 

I used mine as well today.  I bought mine a couple of months ago when someone posted on here about them.  Mine also has the rings and flips them just like a flip tray.  Works just like the video, loads a tube in a few seconds.  Best $80 I have spent on loading equipment.

The eraser end of a pencil is very helpfull when trying to turn a primer to the correct side.

Big question, does it fit a Federal primer tray.?

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

Big question, does it fit a Federal primer tray.?

Yes I use them with it all the time.

16 hours ago, Snake-eye, SASS#45097 said:

Mine must be the newer version as it has the concentric rings. Still need to flip a few by hand.

I contacted doublecslpha to see if I could get just the rubber mat with the rings. No joy 

The manufacturer states that any standard primer pickup tube will work. I had to modify my Hornady tube slightly and it works well. Slightly chamfered the end per the rep recommendation. When I talked to the rep he said there tubes work consistently, but they are pricey.

I must be living a sheltered life.  I have 10 Large Primer tubes for my "large" primer Dillon.  I also have 10 Small Primer tubes for my "small" primer Dillon.  I only have to fill the tubes once a Brick.  Only takes a few minutes.   In all my years reloading, I have never felt deprived by not having one of these primer do-hickies cluttering up my bench.  Oh Well.

19 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I must be living a sheltered life.  I have 10 Large Primer tubes for my "large" primer Dillon.  I also have 10 Small Primer tubes for my "small" primer Dillon.  I only have to fill the tubes once a Brick.  Only takes a few minutes.   In all my years reloading, I have never felt deprived by not having one of these primer do-hickies cluttering up my bench.  Oh Well.

Well then maybe you just don't plain know how great they are then.

20 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I must be living a sheltered life.  I have 10 Large Primer tubes for my "large" primer Dillon.  I also have 10 Small Primer tubes for my "small" primer Dillon.  I only have to fill the tubes once a Brick.  Only takes a few minutes. 

Show me the video of those few minutes please.

Fordyce

Archived