SASS Wire Forum

"There's an Air Force Base Here"

Sedalia Dave

Sheesh :(

‘There’s an Air Force base here,’ say annoyed cops to people calling 911 about jet noise.
“Enjoy the sound of freedom."

“We can’t believe we have to say this, but please do not call the police department or 911 about the jet noise” from the air show, the police department wrote. “It is a complete waste of our resources and you are potentially putting people at risk who really need help.”

Despite all evidence to the contrary, the total dumbing down of the American public is as yet incomplete!!

If this happens when there is an air show going, plug your ears or go to the basement, if you have one.  If you bought a house near an air base or commercial airport that was there when you signed the papers, I have no sympathy!  If I lived close to an air base, it would cause some interruptions in my daily activities...because I'd be running outside every time I heard a plane go over...just to cheer! :FlagAm:

A few days after 9/11, when all commercial traffic had been grounded, I happened to be outside when I heard the jets!  A pair of F-16's from the 140th ANG wing at Buckley (then) AFB (now Space Force Base) came low over the house. I doubt they were the normally required 500 ft above the ground. They were low enough I could see the yellow lettering on the AIM-9M's under their wings.  They were in a combat spread, not wingtip to wingtip.  They were flying to protect us. I almost cheered, but had something in my throat!

Post a notice in the local paper about wasting police time and clogging up the 911 line. them arrest a few folks and charge them.  We bought a house in Ontario, Ca. about a mile from the terminal at Ontario Airport.  The only legitimate complaint we had (and won an injunction) was when GE built a jet engine repair and test facility not thirty yards from the north fence and backed their engines right up against that fence to  test their engines.  That was over fifteen years after we moved in.

They had to move it a mile or so East by Southeast and disturb the "desert" over there.

5 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

If this happens when there is an air show going, plug your ears or go to the basement, if you have one.  If you bought a house near an air base or commercial airport that was there when you signed the papers, I have no sympathy!  If I lived close to an air base, it would cause some interruptions in my daily activities...because I'd be running outside every time I heard a plane go over...just to cheer! :FlagAm:

A few days after 9/11, when all commercial traffic had been grounded, I happened to be outside when I heard the jets!  A pair of F-16's from the 140th ANG wing at Buckley (then) AFB (now Space Force Base) came low over the house. I doubt they were the normally required 500 ft above the ground. They were low enough I could see the yellow lettering on the AIM-9M's under their wings.  They were in a combat spread, not wingtip to wingtip.  They were flying to protect us. I almost cheered, but had something in my throat!

I remember seeing those guys up at that time while I was in Lakewood. 

Archived