SASS Wire Forum

I call him Rupert

He’s just about ready to get set up at our VFW post for an open house next week.

B0B19577-6093-494B-AAAD-C9F8970CD9AF.jpeg

642168EF-A77A-4579-96D6-00FB5469F97E.jpeg

Interesting take on the name "Rupert". Many times I have read were the fake dummy paratroopers dropped didn't look anything like the ones shown in the movie "The Longest Day", but they were originally designed and made more realistic during testing then the straw later version used. 

As to the name "Rupert", that is what the British called them. The Americans referred to them as "Oscar".

By the way Utah, you did good. 

1 hour ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Interesting take on the name "Rupert". Many times I have read were the fake dummy paratroopers dropped didn't look anything like the ones shown in the movie "The Longest Day", but they were originally designed and made more realistic during testing then the straw later version used. 

As to the name "Rupert", that is what the British called them. The Americans referred to them as "Oscar".

By the way Utah, you did good. 

I know. But I like Rupert better.  Good Longest Day reference. ;)

The Oscar was a prototype, much better looking than the Rupert that was used at Normandy. This is Rupert. I used to have a pic of an Oscar but can’t locate it.91EA4151-A725-4603-8213-7FA9A399333E.jpeg

My Rupert is animatronic. He says, “NUTS!” :lol:
AATW

4 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Do fireworks go off when you move his arms?

No. He farts.

Archived