SASS Wire Forum

found one 1866 or 1873 19" round barrel carbine

Howdy Mac.  I have the 16" Cimarron trapper and can load ten 45's at 1.58" OAL.  Have shot a few thousand like that, but then switched to loading Schofields because getting the tenth round in is really tight and then had to be straightened on the carrier to keep from jamming.  Uberti didn't always put the special spring and end cap like they were supposed to in those trappers, and I think that reason plus the difficulty getting the tenth round to feed right is why they changed the spec to 9+1.  Just FYI.

I’ve got this one posted here for sale.

WTS, Uberti 20” 45 colt. Gen 5 Cowboy and Indians store SS kit, aluminum carrier, Pal Verde lever wrap, Smokestack brass mag cap believe I but C&I lifer and carrier springs in, lightened the stock trigger spring, brass bead front sight and Marbles full buck hornrear sight. Small blem at muzzle on left side of barrel touched up woth G96 cold blue. Asking 1300 and 40

for the ride from my FFL to yours. If you like shinybrass I’ll polish it up prior to shipping, no extrascharge of course. Price reduced to $1250+shipping

• Hopalong Mac McLin changed the title to found one 1866 or 1873 19" round barrel carbine

Archived