SASS Wire Forum

H_W C_N Y_U HELP? D_N_TE THESE BL__D TYPES!

One donated unit can save multiple lives.

I'd gotten my five gallon pin back in Athens County (small potatoes, many have donated MUCH more!) -- not until I moved to the Yankee North and donated up here, did I find I am a "Baby Bagger."

Apparently I lack a particular antigen on my cell surfaces; I recall Red Cross back home said I was "O-Triple-Neg" -- but they didn't say anything about its significance.

The antigen I lack, means that not only can I dontate as O-neg (universal donor) but I can donate to critical-need cases, like babies needing an immediate transfusion due to rH incompatibility.

I know what it is to bury my little girl.

If I can keep a baby from dying by indulging my native laziness -- I get to lay back in a comfortable chair, laugh with that pretty girl saddle tapping my elbow and eat cookies afterward -- by golly now I'll do it!

Used to donate regularly. Then I spent a three-year assignment in Italy. After I got back I tried to donate again, but was told that because of the area and time-frame I was there, there was a risk I’d been exposed to mad cow (something about imported Bulgarian beef).

Since there was no way to test blood for mad cow, they wouldn’t accept my blood. 

Every once in a while, I step into one of those blood buses, just to see if anything’s changed — so far, it’s still a no-go. 

Archived