SASS Wire Forum

Do you like to go shopping with your wife?

Contrary to the joke above :rolleyes: I Love going shopping with my wife. :wub:

As to posting the joke itself...

Snip-it_1653221693786.jpg.351949d9a088cddac3f0f401b25d4db3.jpg

2 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Contrary to the joke above :rolleyes: I Love going shopping with my wife. :wub:

I do not mind going shopping with my wife as long as she is not shopping for clothes for me. :lol:

I don't like going shopping at all, period.  I shop at the grocery store only because I like to eat once in a while, and I have to say that curbside pickup of groceries during lockdown was totally awesome.  It is even worse when I have to go with someone else who is shopping, and much much worse if they like shopping.

I used to hate going shopping with my wife. The only shopping I really liked was doing is gun or motorcycle related shopping. Then one day I met a man that had been married for over 50 years to the same wonderful woman and she had passed a couple of weeks before. He was heart broken, but even sadder he was wracked with remorse and regret over things that he wished he would have done when she was alive. One of those things was shopping, oddly enough. 
The way he described it was that he acted like an impetuous child when asked to go pretty much anywhere with her that wasn’t his idea. 
I decided after this meeting to be a little less about “me” and a little more about “us” in this regard. Regret is one of the worst emotions humankind has to suffer. I choose to do what I have to do to keep regret at bay as it can be a real son-of-a-b**** to live with. 

The flip side of that, is the guy who just retired, is at loose ends, and goes EVERYWHERE with his Wife.  The quip I heard on that from a long time married woman "for better or for worse, but not for lunch!" B)

There are so many other great ways to spend quality time with my wife, I don't need to go shopping with her.  In fact, our together time is all the better for the time we spend apart doing our own things.  She shops or does other "her" stuff while I reload, or clean guns, or do some gunsmithing, or other "me" stuff.  I don't regret it and neither does she; in fact, she'd much rather go shopping without me.  

Archived