SASS Wire Forum

FedEx, UPS and Murphy’s Law

Pat Riot

I was lucky enough to score some CCI Small Pistol Magnum Primers the other day online and they were to ship FedEx.

The last time I had a primer shipment coming FedEx I played cat & mouse with them for several days trying to get my package because they kept showing up at my house in the morning before 11:00 and I couldn’t get home until 2 pm or later. 

So, my last primer order through Midsouth I insisted on UPS because I can waive the signature online…unless the vendor requires the signature. Which I did not know about. But, the UPS app let me go ahead and waive it but the driver kept leaving me little love notes saying “I’ll be back again tomorrow”. This BS went in for 3 days then they left a note that I could pick my package up at the Service Center 30 miles away! No way, Jose. I got on my bike and scouted my neighborhood and found that guy. I made him stop through the use of a bit of craziness and my motorcycle and I got my primers. 

So, back to my order. Natchez said my order was coming FedEx, but the good news was it was to arrive Friday the 20th. Today. I had taken the day off work, so my big plan was to load up some ammo. Get my delivery by 11:00, because FedEx always comes before 11:00 and I was going to be at the range testing some new .45 Colt loads by noon. 
WRONG! The FedEx guy showed up at 3:00. :angry:

I am starting to get a flippin’ complex with these boneheads. 

I payed extra last Saturday to get a part for our oven by Tuesday. Got an notice from FedEx that it would be here early.... Monday. Wonderful, that will make Ellie happy. Today is Friday, still not here. Tracking shows it sitting on Massachusetts since Tuesday with an indication it's on it's way to the destination. :angry: The parts place already refunded the additional shipping, but the oven is still not working!

39 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I payed extra last Saturday to get a part for our oven by Tuesday. Got an notice from FedEx that it would be here early.... Monday. Wonderful, that will make Ellie happy. Today is Friday, still not here. Tracking shows it sitting on Massachusetts since Tuesday with an indication it's on it's way to the destination. :angry: The parts place already refunded the additional shipping, but the oven is still not working!

Funny. I got a notice the other day that today, the 20th, would be my delivery date. Yesterday morning I got a text telling me “Good news, we’re delivering a day early. Your package will be delivered today by 6:00pm.”

Then at 8:00 I got a text stating my package would be on time tomorrow between 10:25 and 2:25 pm.  

I wonder why they bother. Also, every time I have paid extra for quicker delivery the package ends up arriving late, but on time if I hadn’t paid extra for early delivery. Of course, they will not refund you. 

Archived